TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

Steve

Boomer Member
But this thread is about programmes that people are watching, not about what people are not watching. There is a thread, however, for disgruntled people to air their minor grievances - why not take a look.
Obverse/reverse. You're going to watch the same old reruns until Hollywood deigns it safe for actors/crew to mingle like the used to do... hence, 2028 fall season.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I’ll be watching S1/Ep1 of Van der Valk tonight. This is a 2020 remake of the Van dear Valk crime drama series set in Amsterdam that first aired from 1972 to 1992. I watched the first series right through, so I’ll be interested to see if the new series is as good as the first. I’d like to see them bring back Callan and The Sweeney both of which are from the same era as Van der Valk, but better.
I’ve watched the first two episodes of Van der Valk now. I liked them both, but they seem grittier and rougher than I remember the original series being.

Last edited:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Nope, can't remove that feature from Netflix. I asked them about it. I just don't understand why they want to do that. I never skip the opening titles ever. Most of the shows I've been watching recently have amazing title sequences, e.g. The Young Pope, True Detective, Mindhunter, Dark etc

Rectify is not available over here either.
Perhaps because other people do want to skip the titles? Just because the button's there you don’t have to press it. If a title sequence is interesting I’ll watch it but I don’t need to see it every episode.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Checked out Van der Valk. Quite good, but nothing out of the ordinary. Better stuff on Walter Presents.

Started to watch Dr Zhivago but decided it was too long in one sitting. I may have another go. Some of these Russian dramas go on and on.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Perhaps because other people do want to skip the titles? Just because the button's there you don’t have to press it. If a title sequence is interesting I’ll watch it but I don’t need to see it every episode.
If I’m binge watching which is usually the case I’ll always skip the titles/recap

BartsBalm

Forum GOD!
I am just watching I’ll be gone in the dark on Sky Crime.

I am a big fan of true crime documentaries but I have to say this one, whilst good, is not an easy watch and is pretty disturbing!

Last edited:

owlman

Forum GOD!
A new season of the Great British Bake-Off has started! I had suspected they wouldn't be able to make one this year, but apparently they just put the whole lot into a permanent two-month quarantine away from the rest of the world and went on as usual. Yay! :woot:

However, Sandi Toksvig has been replaced as host by Matt Lucas, which is not an improvement. (He did okay though.)