October 2018 Acquisitions

JAGS009

Forum GOD!
I’m planning to remove the knot myself before sending it off to declaration grooming.
Do it only if you are absolutely sure of what you are doing. I screwed up my Simpsons Duke 3 few months back while trying to do it myself...[emoji38]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

isendono

Forum GOD!
Last year I sent my duke 3 to shavemac for reknot and it was cracked when I received it back from Germany. No big deal tho xD
 

isendono

Forum GOD!
I didn’t inform Bernd as he was busy with last year’s group buy where he had to re-do most of the handles.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I only have experience with a vintage puck (about my own age I surmise). Have you tried both new and vintage and is the difference significant? I get excellent lather from mine, with less work than what you apparently need to invest in current ones.
I have used Williams as old as the 1920s. I have 20-30 vintage pucks, mostly from 1975-88, but some from the 60s. I don't see too much difference between the old stuff and the new, apart from an extra 20-30 seconds working the soap. Performance is the same.
 
Top