Who's losing the passion a little....?

Tomhstorey

Forum GOD!
While I enjoy shaving with a safety razor, quality cream or soap, and a brush, I never had a passion for it. It is simply a cost effective means of getting a close, comfortable shave, nothing more. So no passion for me to lose and no letdown.

In the end, what difference does it make? Why not shave when you want, for whatever reasons you want, and with whatever products you want? It's not worth worrying about, and there are plenty of other things in life besides shaving.
Passionate enough to join a forum though :)

I’m always aware that when you talk to people on forums or social media groups that you are mostly talking to the hobbyists not the general population.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Can't stop my passion, I often shave with my shirt open to reveal my hairy chest, while dancing the tango..with a rose between my teeth.:wink:
It seems our passion runs a little different from one another. I wear nothing but a towel while shaving so I don't have to reveal my hairy chest. It's there in all it's glory. And while dancing the tango. I don't even bother with the rose. It just gets in the way of shaving those hard to reach spots under my nose. But other than that, I hear ya man.
 

Len

Forum GOD!
Never had a passion for shaving. Rather, had a passion for finding a better shave, which grew into a passion for finding the best shave. This process dovetailed with joining various forums, all the while buying and testing various hardware and software and honing technique. After what was, for me, a lengthy and expensive journey, I settled on one razor, one blade, one soap, two brushes (using one brush almost exclusively), and I have all but given up using software completely. I became a hedonist, in order to achieve minimalism. That goal has been reached, for me, at least for the foreseeable future.

I have found what I believe for me to be the best possible shave (measured by the three objective standards of a quality shave: Closeness, Safety, and Convenience) that can be had considering today's level of shaving technology and engineering.

Though I do enjoy reading of others' experiences from the background, there's not much need for me to post anymore, nor would the repetition be of much interest or enjoyment for the reader. That I shall leave to those that revel in the chase, the journey, the process of discovery and novelty in shaving. For me, what maters in shaving is the goal, the result, which I have reached by my own measure. The passion spent was well payed, and now it is time to enjoy the fruits of my efforts...
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Never had a passion for shaving. Rather, had a passion for finding a better shave, which grew into a passion for finding the best shave. This process dovetailed with joining various forums, all the while buying and testing various hardware and software and honing technique. After what was, for me, a lengthy and expensive journey, I settled on one razor, one blade, one soap, two brushes (using one brush almost exclusively), and I have all but given up using software completely. I became a hedonist, in order to achieve minimalism. That goal has been reached, for me, at least for the foreseeable future.

I have found what I believe for me to be the best possible shave (measured by the three objective standards of a quality shave: Closeness, Safety, and Convenience) that can be had considering today's level of shaving technology and engineering.

Though I do enjoy reading of others' experiences from the background, there's not much need for me to post anymore, nor would the repetition be of much interest or enjoyment for the reader. That I shall leave to those that revel in the chase, the journey, the process of discovery and novelty in shaving. For me, what maters in shaving is the goal, the result, which I have reached by my own measure. The passion spent was well payed, and now it is time to enjoy the fruits of my efforts...
Very well put, as a matter of inerest for me at least what razor, blade, soap and brushes did you settle on? Thank you. P.
 

Nisse

Old geezer
razors: de, se, straight, brushes: boar, badger, horse, synthetic, soaps & creams, I have tested a lot and my conclusion: it is just a shave, no revelations along the way after more than 40 years, almost any combo of gear will result in a shave I am happy with
 

R181

Grumpy old man
razors: de, se, straight, brushes: boar, badger, horse, synthetic, soaps & creams, I have tested a lot and my conclusion: it is just a shave, no revelations along the way after more than 40 years, almost any combo of gear will result in a shave I am happy with
For the most part, I'd agree with that except for the I'm happy with. Certainly, most combo will give me a good enough for government work shaves but the ones I'm happiest with go past that. The process is part of that and for me nothing beats the satisfaction of an excellent straight razor shave. Using a DE/SE just does not give me that level of satisfaction even though the shave itself is on par.

Bob
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
... Slick, tons of residual slickness, lather is very shiny and thick, smells fantastic.

Buy it.

Hahahaha
 
Top