Where's TSR gone?

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
I participate on both TSR and ATG, finding both valuable resources. I also frequent shavemyface, but I fear that it has lost much of its vibrancy, as well as TSN. The only forum I’ve run into problems with is The Shave Den where I was banned many years ago for having the temerity to question the female mod on a point. It was rather like something out of the Court of the Star Chamber: no explanation of what I’d done to transgress the rules, no right to appeal, just a guilty verdict out of the blue; I have yet to understand the sensitivity of said mod. Overall, I find the four shaving forums I currently frequent to be very pleasant and informative places.
Weird, I've found the shave den to be the most laid back out of all the forums I belong to.

As for The Shaving Room, I do post from time to time there, but I consider this and TSD to be my 'home' forums. Badger & Blade is the forum I'm least active on, as I find it to be repressive. TSR had one rogue mod...B&B employs nothing but.
 

Chief Brody

Forum GOD!
There was one particular aggressive mod that caused most of the issues, and they disappeared at the time of the divide, so I'd say all was ok now???
I really enjoy TSR, and been a member for a number of years. My shaving experience and technique improved vastly as a result of being a member.

The issues with the mods, or a particular mod, must have passed me by. To this day never knew what happened :unsure:. Having said that; ATG came along & is a great resource.
 
Last edited:

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
I got ban from the B&B because they keep on complaining about my Aussie sense of honour and TOU was completely overpowered by there policy crap.
 

Francorelli

Forum fella
It only takes a couple of guys to stink up a discussion board. And if one of them has moderation powers, well...
There was one particular aggressive mod that caused most of the issues, and they disappeared at the time of the divide, so I'd say all was ok now???
I think that the unfortunate period of imperious rogue moderation in 2016 created a lot of fallout that TSR has never fully recovered from. Which is a shame as I enjoyed several years of TSR, having joined in 2011 when it mostly had a friendly and irreverent atmosphere (the moderation was also very relaxed back then).

These days it seems much calmer and there's still plenty of good people over there. I still drop in but the place never regained the charm it previously had. Plus, we've got ATG now anyway.
 
Last edited:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
His appearance on TSR pretty much coincided with the mass migration to ATG.
Maybe he wrongly thinks he was the reason :D
His contributions there will be one of the reasons that I shall be popping back on a regular basis.
Someone tell blademonkey to read this and come on over, he is 110% welcome.

I can guarantee you, he had nothing to do with TSR turning crap... that was all down to crazy moderation and nothing else.
If you're reading this Paul:

View attachment 31232
You just never know, Mr Monkey may well make an appearance. He knows he is welcome...
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
I was in TSR years ago....and then drifted away. The only reason I went back was to find @JamieM to get some honing done. I can think of only 3 members I 'socialise with' who are not on ATG.....and they are the reason I remain.
 

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I joined the TSR about 7 years ago, I never had many problems with the mods I quite liked Carl AKA Bechet, most of the members were very nice having said that there was a small group not part of the Mods team who could be right bunch of sarcastic dickheads very unhelpful, I don't miss that forum full stop, I find the ATG to be a far more rounded an extremely friendly place with an International feel to it.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I remember one American member who was a vintage officianado who caused no end of trouble before finally being bounced. I cannot recall his moniker but my word he was a controversial bugger. It took an age to get rid of him his avatar was a cartoon Frog or similar. Cn anyone remember him?
 

Pat-W

Forum GOD!
I remember one American member who was a vintage officianado who caused no end of trouble before finally being bounced. I cannot recall his moniker but my word he was a controversial bugger. It took an age to get rid of him his avatar was a cartoon Frog or similar. Cn anyone remember him?
Bezoar

2574085C-8611-4AF8-8DA6-02019277C79E.jpeg

Is that the guy Wayne ?
 

jb7

Bloke
Lol... if the mod issue didn't get you then the Bezoar reign of terror commenced shortly after. I swear that guy was on the total wind up... but people just continuously allowed themselves to get sucked into his farcical debates. It was kinda funny how riled up he would have people cos he was on a pure p1ss take if you ask me and should have never been given the slightest bit of attention.
 
Last edited:

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Lol... if the mod issue didn't get you then the Bezoar reign of terror commenced shortly after. I swear that guy was on the total wind up... but people just continuously allowed themselves to get sucked into his farcical debates. It was kinda funny how riled up would have people cos he was on a pure p1ss take if you ask me and should have never been given the slightest bit of attention.
People always feed the trolls sadly :(
 
  • Like
Reactions: jb7
Top