Totally agree !I can see Badger Brushes becoming less and less popular as using animal products for beauty becomes even more unfashionable. I think we are going to be the last generation to own them. Razor wise I think we have reached the zenith. Manufacturers have used almost every metal they can now and there is only so much you can do based around the generic blade design. The One Blade could have been the biggest leap in design and should have been a must have but they chose probably the worst blade out there for it. I’d buy one in a heartbeat if someone else made a viable blade for it.
Sooner the better.Genetically modified soaps if we sign a trade deal with the USA..........
Horse hair is crap for shaving. Until someone manages to cross a horse with a badger - forget it.I also reckon horse hair is next.
It hasn't been pushed yet and it feels like badger has been maxed.
Nonsense - I’ve shaved with just about every type of razor and blade ever made and both the Mongoose and Razorock SE razors with a good quality modern blade knock spots off your combination. GEM got it right when they switched to carpet cutters.The Gillette OLD and the Lather Catchers that would accept the GEM style blade were the absolute pinnacle of shaving excellence! The ubiquitous boar brush and any soap are perfect. Nothing has changed for the better in a century, so I don't see anything happening in the next decade or two.
Feeling argumentative today?Horse hair is crap for shaving. Until someone manages to cross a horse with a badger - forget it.
Nonsense - I’ve shaved with just about every type of razor and blade ever made and both the Mongoose and Razorock SE razors with a good quality modern blade knock spots off your combination. GEM got it right when they switched to carpet cutters.
No more than usual - I’m generally on the plus side of belligerent.Feeling argumentative today?
Nothing wrong with horse, adding badger would kill it, that's why they don't do it.Horse hair is crap for shaving. Until someone manages to cross a horse with a badger - forget it.
Nonsense - I’ve shaved with just about every type of razor and blade ever made and both the Mongoose and Razorock SE razors with a good quality modern blade knock spots off your combination. GEM got it right when they switched to carpet cutters.
I think a mixed badger/horse could work - something like 99:1 ratio.Nothing wrong with horse, adding badger would kill it, that's why they don't do it.
GEM didn't switch to "carpet cutters", if you did you deserve what you got. The modern GEM blade is the same blade as before but with slots in it for the Micromatic TTO.
Go back to bed.
.
You can't be serious, the spineless Feathers are garbage! The only SE blades worse are the Feather carbon blades, which were apparently intended for torture of political opponents.I think a mixed badger/horse could work - something like 99:1 ratio.
As for Gem blades - the best thing you can do with them is remove the spine and put it on a Feather SE blade - then put some tape on the Gem and use it for cutting carpets.
From where? Got a link?Give the Zenith attempt at horse a try - it’s significantly better than Vie Long’s. Rooney Heritage it ain’t but, in the £20-odd a pop bracket, I rate it over the boars and synthetics I’ve had. Cruelty free too.
YourShaving have Zenith horses in stock for around the £20 markFrom where? Got a link?
The Vie Long has the backbone of wet toilet paper.