Where do we see shaving improving in the years to come ?

TobyC

Patriot
I reckon shaving may go full circle and in 10 years it will be canned foam and cartridges again but who knows. Not sure how things can be improved...but hopefully, some good things on the horizon.

Are full beards still quite fashionable/popular? I'm sure I see a lot more younger guys sporting them than I used to...there's also the "hipster" guys who have HUGE beards and struggle while drinking their avocado smoothies...my point being will beards become more the norm..maybe everyone will bearded..I mean my mother in law's had one for many years...
Things do go in cycles, and young guys wanna look cool with facial hair, and some just want to smear something on their face and get the fuzz off as fast as possible. And now they can keep the dirty look by dragging a dry shaver thing over their face and go. Modern ways are always a step backward IMO. (Although I do appreciate cartridge firearms to having to "keep your powder dry")
 

Dr Watson

James
I suspect (hope) the trend for beards may take a downturn what with everyone's current hyper sensitivity towards bacteria and germs etc, plus every bearded bloke I see out and about looks very uncomfortable with a mask on.
 

chazt

shave
I want to believe that over the next few years men will rediscover the joys of the daily shave. What’s not to love about a half hour of quiet, reflective, me time? It’s generally my favorite 30 minutes of the day.

Part of this has to be spurred by the ladies. Women think they like the “rugged look.” But how many women actually like the feel of course, wiry stubble rubbing against their soft facial skin (or other parts)? Not many, I’m sure.

As far as advances in hardware design are concerned, I haven’t a clue. What we need now is the spirit of Gene Roddenberry to return. He will tell us what we can expect.
 

RiverMan

Forum GOD!
I’m not sure that I anticipate much improvement in available technology but I wonder if we might see a wider availability of stainless steel razors at more ‘affordable’ price points, along the lines of the Razorocks and the Muhle Rocca.

The Razorock mamba sounds like it would suit me quite well but the supply seems quite restricted at the moment. I’d be keen on a Rocca if there we’re a slightly milder version available.
 
Top