TV shows you are - or will be - watching.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Enjoying Gangs of London, but wow, it is brutal! My Mrs spends most of the episode behind a cushion!

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Ozark S1, done. Enjoyed it, but can S2 continue to keep me watching?
Harry Bosch S6, awesome as are all the others. Alex Rider was a pretty decent watch too.
Also chipping away at the last series of Homeland.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Just watched Normal People on BBC iPlayer. Great story with lots of twists, well acted and beautiful locations. Not usually my cup of tea but I really enjoyed it.
Yes - it's terrific. It's beautiful, it's completely natural with no hype, great script and magnetic acting. One of the best UK productions I've seen since the first series of Killing Eve.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Pennyworth, some kind of Gotham's prequel based on the character of Alfred, Bruce Wayne's butler. I did not expect much, but it was quite enjoyable. The series takes place in the swinging 60s' London and reveals a rather dystopian England where fascist and leftist factions struggle; even the Queen has a supporting role. American production and mostly British cast.

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
In these times when home confinement is order of the day, my thoughts naturally turned towards light hearted laughs. When i was a pimply kid, our state owned telecast use to run the Goodies many years after it already ran its course in UK. In those days i laughed at trio's silly antics and now i am chuckling at the satirical comedy.
Thanks to Internet, whole series is wrapped up in 6GB data.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Since we won’t be making our annual pilgrimage to the UK and the Continent this year, we’re travelling vicariously by watching Alex Polizzi’s Secret Italy and Rick Steves’ Europe. Of course we supplement our TV travelling with weekly FaceTime chats with our family and friends across the Pond.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Since we won’t be making our annual pilgrimage to the UK and the Continent this year, we’re travelling vicariously by watching Alex Polizzi’s Secret Italy and Rick Steves’ Europe. Of course we supplement our TV travelling with weekly FaceTime chats with our family and friends across the Pond.
We love travel programmes and I was only saying to Mrs Saint yesterday it’s going to be a while before we get new programmes with this virus shutting down countries. Such a shame your plans were scuppered.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
We love travel programmes and I was only saying to Mrs Saint yesterday it’s going to be a while before we get new programmes with this virus shutting down countries. Such a shame your plans were scuppered.
I’m sure we’ll be missed in Eastleigh, Chandler’s Ford, Winchester, Romsey and Aberdeen, where the family live.:D

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I've been watching a lot of Walter Presents on Channel 4. I usually like most of the stuff - it's well chosen. The last thing I watched was The Mafia Only Kills in Summer. I had to stop watching it, simply because the subject matter was so unpleasant. Otherwise it was fairly well made and acted. I watched Broadchurch but the last episode was disappointing. David Tennant and Olivia Coleman, however, are real stars. I've been trying to cheer myself up with the old Hollywood stuff - Fred Astaire musicals and the like. They're always good. American cinema was so much better in the golden age. I never watch action movies - total waste of time for someone who has no interest in video games. I like French narrative movies a lot - guys like Eric Rohmer and Alain Tanner. Plus Polanski, Werner Herzog and several other Europeans. And some of the US fringe stuff like Jarmusch I like. One girlfriend used to joke that I only watched films with subtitles.

slapo

It's... alive!
"Unforgettable" via Amazon Prime atm. Had a few moments I didn't care for, but it had been fun for the most part.