The home audio thread: what’s your setup

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Just sold the above Monoblocs for more than I paid 15 years ago. Can’t quite believe I have parted with them though.

Reactions: p.b

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I build my own amplifiers and since I'm stuck at home I've rebuilt my system. The amplifier is now a 300b SE with a 4P1L driver in triode, amorphous core plate choke. All directly heated. I needed a bit more gain and the best way I found was to put a NE5532 op-amp board after my AK4490 DAC. The op-amps are almost transparent so the sound is determined by the tube stages, which is exactly what I want. Good upgrade.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
I build my own amplifiers and since I'm stuck at home I've rebuilt my system. The amplifier is now a 300b SE with a 4P1L driver in triode, amorphous core plate choke. All directly heated. I needed a bit more gain and the best way I found was to put a NE5532 op-amp board after my AK4490 DAC. The op-amps are almost transparent so the sound is determined by the tube stages, which is exactly what I want. Good upgrade.
Wish I had that talent.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Wish I had that talent.
It all started when I was a gigging bass player and my tube amp had problems! I taught myself to rebuild it and went on from there. Had to do a lot of reading to understand it all. I love building stuff. All the Meccano and Airfix models I had as a kid....