Show off your cars

p.b

Forum GOD!
Went and bought one of these bad boys- a vw phaeton in 3 litre turbo-
and this time around -I went for the 3.0l turbo diesel model-(as regretted ever selling my older first version v6 - 3.2 petrol version-) and not disappointed-
And as a bonus-this newer facelift -model- one-comes with all the new led upgrades- including the interior led pack-new sat nav-and is also-as a bonus -a 4wd model- and now fitted with all round 4 wheel drive-and also the newer -and self levelling, air suspension-lovely and superbly quiet inside- (down to the 3 layers of door and window-seals -and double glazing all around-)
on approaching a corner- even the new - 3 led fog lamp on each side-- modules fire up, and illuminate the -actual sides of the road-(as these newer cars have an inbuilt 3 lens camera mounted under the rear mirror-unit for lane detection ,road signs etc! a godsend for sure-, on dark unlit roads etc.
so- not missing my previous Jaguar XF- turbo diesel model at all!!
and can easily live -without the flappy paddles -and the stop start and or electronic brake as well-
just a superb and extremely roomy car-measures-longer than a transit van-on our ferry-crossings!! and must be a good .75 metres of extra width inside the cabin-refined -and for peanuts these cars-??
so -uxury on a shoestring-for those who know???
View attachment 84897View attachment 84898View attachment 84900
Amazing car. Even ignoring the amazing value for money they are second-hand they are just an amazing example of engineering. I doubt VW ever made a penny on them.

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
read -that they never did-over-engineered -yes-for sure-and packed with technology! and made-latterly-and mostly for the Chinese market-at the end of production-superb cars to drive-just so comfortable -and with oodles of space inside-

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
never had any problem with the vw gearboxes -on either of mine?
this newer one= has the 6 speed variant-whereas the older petrol v6-had only a 5 speed version- both have so far. been both super smooth-and very quiet and unobtrussive gearchanges on all of them?? super smooth, for m,e in operation ,with no detectable problems at all??

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
I seldom- if ever use it-locally- in sport mode-however- when, I went to collect it-i had to drive it, from Inverness, and up to Ullapool- for a ferry ride to stornoway ,where I live, so,a 58 mile journey- So, I set up -the suspension ,from the more unusual and very comfortable, standard settings-, down to sport setting-and dampers, were also set, all on firmest setting - so even with suspension ,in sport mode-and at the lowest setting- I set off-as I approached, maybe mid point, the road was covered in snow-not a problem, with 4 wd-and then only 2-3 miles on, I encountered red deer on the roads-came around a corner at around 65mph and 6-8 red deer in middle of roads-braking was superb-missed all of the deer-and still returned Around 48mpg on the journey-this car even warns you- once the temperature drops below 4 degrees!!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My new Seat Ateca is in Emden, not long until it arrives at the dealers.........:)

@Northam Saint have you got used to the DSG box yet and any advise to driving one........
Yeah getting use to it. Advise ......let’s see .... When setting off try to let it pull its self away with out you pressing the accelerator and then when you are moving depress it. Don’t put it into sport mode until you have got use to the engine power. The Octavia is a 1.0 and the Kamiq a 1.5 and it’s much faster. The hill hold is great. Works very well. The same for going in reverse as with settling off. It will creep back on its “own” power. I have resisted the temptation to move my left foot, not moved it but put my hands on the gear selector. Also haven’t used it in sequential mode.

Enjoy, it is lovely cruising in an auto and it’s a great gear box.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Yeah getting use to it. Advise ......let’s see .... When setting off try to let it pull its self away with out you pressing the accelerator and then when you are moving depress it. Don’t put it into sport mode until you have got use to the engine power. The Octavia is a 1.0 and the Kamiq a 1.5 and it’s much faster. The hill hold is great. Works very well. The same for going in reverse as with settling off. It will creep back on its “own” power. I have resisted the temptation to move my left foot, not moved it but put my hands on the gear selector. Also haven’t used it in sequential mode.

Enjoy, it is lovely cruising in an auto and it’s a great gear box.
My Ateca has the same engine and gearbox as your Skoda.........in fact I think it was built in the same factory......It's going to be a big change from my Mini Cooper 6 Sp Manual........I'm looking forward to it !!

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Hiya gents I’m an M3 nut. I have an E46 CSL and an E92 competion. My E46 is kept undercover and in the garage and only comes out in select weather a few times a year, where my E92 comp gets used a few times a week. My daily driver is an abarth punts super sport and my wife has an abarth comp 595. I’m sure your not interested in the daily’s so I’ll share my pride and joy. Many respects. J.

F91FE3AB-66B8-4F75-9F21-13C5139B5F0B.jpeg

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hiya gents I’m an M3 nut. I have an E46 CSL and an E92 competion. My E46 is kept undercover and in the garage and only comes out in select weather a few times a year, where my E92 comp gets used a few times a week. My daily driver is an abarth punts super sport and my wife has an abarth comp 595. I’m sure your not interested in the daily’s so I’ll share my pride and joy. Many respects. J.

View attachment 88327
No ! They are nice daily drives. 595’s are pocket rockets !

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
They are very good. If I’m honest I’ve always found the 500 abut poncey, even the abarth never dine it for me hence why I got the abarth punto, never made it a habit to take photos of hers but I’ve found one of the pinto last year. Many respects. J. View attachment 88331
Very nice indeed.

I was keen on 595 at one stage, the 180bhp one. But the more I looked the smaller it appeared. I’m pleased with my Kamiq Monte Carlo though, nippy enough for me.

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
We did look at Skoda, I forgot to mention in the post but we also share a car, we have an X5. If we go out for a meal or shopping, well when we used to LOL, we looked at a superb L&K, but my wife just wasn’t keen on the position and driving style so we looked at the karoq but again the position didn’t suit her, she’s only 5’3 where I’m in the other end lol, 6’5. So it was all down to her cut a long story short after going through every brand and model X5, it was. Pain in the arse lol, many respects, j.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
We did look at Skoda, I forgot to mention in the post but we also share a car, we have an X5. If we go out for a meal or shopping, well when we used to LOL, we looked at a superb L&K, but my wife just wasn’t keen on the position and driving style so we looked at the karoq but again the position didn’t suit her, she’s only 5’3 where I’m in the other end lol, 6’5. So it was all down to her cut a long story short after going through every brand and model X5, it was. Pain in the arse lol, many respects, j.
Short arses in this household, I’m 5ft 8in and Mrs 5ft 4in. Big old lump of a car the Superb. Our other car is a Octavia Estate. We have had a few problems, at the moment it’s onits third turbo from new, 18 months old and only 7,300 on the clock. Skoda U.K. are investigating that now. Strange but, the Yeti we had was a great car, the seating second to none for flexibilit, Mrs Saint misses that one. The front seats in the Kamiq are better than the Octavia, but at the moment Mrs Saint isn’t keen on the auto in the Kamiq, which is good for me, LOL. I think she is after a Kamiq next or a Scala, that’s 8 months away.

A neighbour had an X5, he couldn’t stand it, his main bug about it was the rain use to run off the roof when he opened the rear doors and on to the back seats, clear design flaw.

Many respects to you too.

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
I love Skoda and VW, I want the new golf r but I can’t get my hands on one tried and tried and tried but everywhere is saying it’s a wait for the orders so gutted, but because we don’t go out that often and I potter about all week with my brother I can’t justify nearly 40 grand for a new run around so gonna stick with the pinto till it breaks I think mate, and I can’t stand jeeps fecking hate em, it’s all down to my wife we had it, I’m a saloon or coupe guy at heart and use a hatchback to thrash around in but yeah if I can have my way next time but will never happen lol I want an E class coupe but mrs fett knees aren’t to good and mine aren’t either lately so better stick to buying shaving gear and keep my mouth shut or I’ll be in the garage with the bm’s hahahah. Many respects. J.