Show off your cars

karlc

Guru
sisters boyfriend has a Golf R. 380 bhp I think it was. Was pretty fun to drive (or be a passenger). Makes my 120 bhp Honda seem really slow in comparison

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
My experience of DSG gearboxes is that you can’t drive them indecisively. Unlike a torque converter there’s no damping so when you go on the throttle and back off and then tip-in again you confuse it. Just push to go and enjoy the smoothness.
Well put.. Exactly this...

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Collect this Ateca on Monday. Still getting used to the DSG and had a few lurches off the line, but getting there. Likes fuel, but easy to drive and park. love all the tech, but still finding about it.........Park assist is fun.......:)View attachment 89979View attachment 89980
Very nice enjoy ! Yeah the lurching takes a bit of getting use too. I’ve learnt to let it go then introduce the accelerato. My 1.5 Petrol Kamiq has been returning 49 mpg which 8 feel is pretty darn good.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Very nice enjoy ! Yeah the lurching takes a bit of getting use too. I’ve learnt to let it go then introduce the accelerato. My 1.5 Petrol Kamiq has been returning 49 mpg which 8 feel is pretty darn good.
TBF it's only got 100 miles on it so I expect as it gets more mileage on it and I get used to it the fuel consumption will improve. the problem is the car has auto hold on it, so you have to touch the throttle to get it to move at all..........all a work in progress.........

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
TBF it's only got 100 miles on it so I expect as it gets more mileage on it and I get used to it the fuel consumption will improve. the problem is the car has auto hold on it, so you have to touch the throttle to get it to move at all..........all a work in progress.........
Same here, but once you get use to that you’ll love it. Does indeed take some getting use too. Check that oil after a couple of hundred and keep an eye on it, mine used a little at first, quite normal.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Same here, but once you get use to that you’ll love it. Does indeed take some getting use too. Check that oil after a couple of hundred and keep an eye on it, mine used a little at first, quite normal.
Has it got a dipstick then? My Mini told me when it needed oil !! I had better open the bonnet and have a look under it

bchaffin72

The wizard next door
I've had a lot, especially when 60s cars weren't as old, and therefore cheaper and easier to come by, as they are now.

Currently we have a 2014 Town and Country that replaced our old Pontiac Montana that finally gave up the ghost.

IMG_1822.JPG

In my twenties, when me and my friends used to mod up old cars and race informally on the weekends I had these:

A 67 Plymouth Fury 2-door that I converted from a 318 to a 383 that was this same color, but with regular rims, not the rally style wheels this one has. Pass everything but a gas station.................... :D :

fury.jpeg

My daily driver for several years in the 90s a '65 Impala wagon, but with a white top:

impala.jpg

I inherited it after the passing of my great-grandfather in '93. He had bought it brand new at the end of 64.

And my backwoods rally racer was one of these, a 4 speed '73 Audi Fox:

fox.jpg

Mine was yellow, but acquired a black hood after taking a nose dive off a slippery corner. It had a modified induction system, stone guards on the headlights, and off-road lights on the bumper.

And my grandfather was big car guy and former shop owner, so he always had projects around and I got to drive most of them at least a little.
I know more about the new cars than he ever did, but he taught me everything I know about the old school stuff.

And, just for fun, this is the steering wheel off the one and only car I ever totaled, a 1985 Ford EXP 2 seat 5 speed:
IMG_1831.JPG

Last edited: