Phoenix and Beau: What would you want in 2018?

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
Shampoo bars please! :)
Also something like TOBS Mr. Sidney would be epic. Did you receive the badedas for a fougere type profile? All the scents so far have been exemplary so I'm happy to go with the flow.
Hey Avnish, nope, I never received the Badedas profile, buddy.

As I suggested in the B&M thread for @Lann to send you the old Fougeres from Will for inspiration, I obviously am hoping for a Fougere- which you have now confirmed is in the works. So thanks!

Second scent profile would be a floral. Many of your scents are citrus forward. I'd like to see his one not being so (though maybe one needs to add a little in the base to give it an edge, I don't know). You have already got a few soaps with a 'dark' profile; the jury is still out on whether to make this sort of an undertaker's deep, dark florals or something lighter. Patchouli violet leaf and violet, inspired by Francisco Rodrigues for Him, by Francis Kurkdjian? Austere but not without colour. (That could in fact merge the two ideas of mine - a floral Fougere type.)

And I have to say I look forward to your tonics, one of which I hope will come unscented.
As much as I love Will's work (and his admirable love of sci-fi) I'd rather offer my own interpretation from the fougere family.

I like dark scents like eucris so something in this vein would be appreciated. Baskerville was nice but missed a little something for me.

A dark floral sounds great, I think I've mentioned a rose and wood combination before at some stage.

The Led Zeppelin soap sounds interesting, I'd certainly be up for that.

After sampling your unscented tonic, I'm looking forward to a scented release.
I've actually contacted Led Zeppelin to see if I can use an extract from one of their songs :) I will be a made man if I get permission *slight understatement*..

Huzzah I can actually post on this! Kerry, as communicated to you earlier..a shaving stick.. or travel size soap options. Denali regularly available rather than seasonal..:thumbsup:
We've considered the shaving stick but for now it's something that stays on the ideas board. We've other fish to fry and plans to implement before we took that to market. Denali is quite a specialist soap and is unlikely to make it to our core range. Sorry.

Hi Kerry, your road map for the way ahead is really exciting. I am glad to have been given the opportunity to give feedback on your vegetal shaving soap, which performed great for me and I am really looking forward to trying out the scented versions once they become available. The tonics are also something I am looking forward to trying later in the year.
Two things that really stick out for me in terms of your plans for 2018 are first, the arrival of a fougere (and as @halvor mentioned in his post if you want a sample of Aromatique and Imperial for research purposes I am happy to send some over to you - just drop me a pm and I will get that sorted).

Second, I am loving the idea of your Led Zep themed soap. I'm a huge Zep fan and was lucky enough to see them play the O2 with Jason on drums, so a Zep themed soap has me number 1 on your waiting list. I am most definately in!!!!

In my opinion, it opens up so many options for you and, I think will be something to really get your teeth into. Do you go for a scent profile that reflects the influence of the Blues in their music - the Mississippi delta "When the levee breaks", the Celtic influence of " Bron y aur", the fantasy and folklore of "Ramble On", the darker "No Quarter" or something more fun like "D' yer mak'er"? Or something that has a little bit of everything?

In terms of suggestions something floral would appeal - I like rose scent - but happy to develop that further if the right soap comes along. Also as mentioned a Eucris type scent would be nice. On a purely selfish level I would also like to see a return of Star Noir :wink:

Paul
Cheers Paul :) thank you for the offer of a BM sample but I'll pass on that for reasons described above. Re Zeppelin, exactly! We've used our love of Bowie to inspire us for Star Noir (which will return in 2018) so why not for the band who I view as the best in the rock business? I'm massively inspired by the concept and the artwork we've in mind is spectacular.

I agree with everyone and would second a fougere scent but also would like a scent with musky profil (B&M Night Music comes to mind).
I'm very excited about the upcoming V60 soap, which is named perfectly! Your soap naming has been unmatched so far and I'm looking forward a Zepp soap.
Thanks :) V60 is a going through testing and doing very well. It contains real ground coffee in it and so you've a tremendously dark looking soap. Lather it up and it's akin to an excellent cappuccino. Smells pretty awesome, too.

A print of the Imperial Rum would be great!

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
What size would you like to see our prints and on what material?

I'll go 'against the grain' of this thread so far.

Don't do anything like *insert soap maker and soap here* do your own thing. Definitely go with the Led Zeppelin soap, so many avenues of inspiration there and nobody will know what scent is coming, great back story of the inspiration for the soap and label artwork which are always impressive. It appears to be something you're really passionate about doing and will enjoy.
Some form of 'Private Reserve' limited soap would be good. Something you've created that's sat there with you thinking that's too polarising for general release, every soap/fragrance maker has those stashed away.
Totally agree. We very much try to distinguish ourselves from our peers and use our design and sometimes "out there" scent profiles to do this. I'm talking more our seasonal offerings as opposed to our core range, but you get my point. We really enjoy the process of creating the scent, naming it and then aligning (sometimes abstract) artwork to it. I'm just bloody lucky that I've got a trained illustrator as my wife :) Oh, can you figure the story behind our Pall Mall?

Hi, Kerry. I'd definitely like to add my interest to something floral, also. Maybe, a rose/sandalwood combination?
I've already mentioned a Lavender scent on another thread, to which you replied there was something in the pipeline. Would I be correct in thinking this scent is lined up for the new vegan and not the tallow, which is my preference in soaps?
Lilac would also be a pleasant Spring/Summer scent. Mystic Water has this scent, but I find it too weak. Lovely floral, though.
We've sourced a beautiful true lavender that we're combining with sweet orange. We'll be using this profile for our more affordable 2oz organic vegetal soap. Sorry.

If you can replicate the scent of L'Occitane's Vetyver in soap form I'll take 100 tubs
I love vetiver but have never tried this scent. I will have to check it out, but only on the basis you take a 100 tubs of the soap.. :)

Really good to hear how you are planning to keep pushing forward and develop new products/ideas. Love the sound of a fougere and the tonics. Brush / bowl are also winners for me. I'd like to suggest a menthol that is not as freezing as Denali, but more on the cooling side of things, rather than cold. I find I only turn to Denali on the few really hot UK days. Perhaps in the vegan, smaller soaps?
Thanks and agreed, progress and options (for the customer) are dead important to us. We're looking at a great synthetic knot on a black resin handle at the moment. Not sure which way we'll go with a bowl yet but wood is certainly on the menu.

Forgot to add, wooden bowls similar to Saponificio Varesino, as an option would be nice.
Noted!
 

Mikey J

Forum HOG!
I love vetiver but have never tried this scent. I will have to check it out, but only on the basis you take a 100 tubs of the soap.. :)
Please try it whilst you can. They are discontinuing it which is an absolute travesty and it would be great if it could be preserved in soap form! I couldn't commit to 100 but I'm pretty sure you could shift 100 in total!
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Cheers Paul :) thank you for the offer of a BM sample but I'll pass on that for reasons described above. Re Zeppelin, exactly! We've used our love of Bowie to inspire us for Star Noir (which will return in 2018) so why not for the band who I view as the best in the rock business? I'm massively inspired by the concept and the artwork we've in mind is spectacular.
A new Fougere, a Led Zeppelin themed soap AND Star Noir coming back in 2018 has really made my day
 

Tomhstorey

Forum GOD!
Some great ideas there already.

Very excited for the fougere and also Led Zeppelin!

Scent wise, I would like to see a P&B take on something a little bit out of the ordinary shaving box: chocolate, coffee, bakery, sweet, fruity... not all in one soap, just something that stepped away from that shaving comfort zone of profiles and not something seen done very often.

I would also love love to see some ultra nourishing balms in the core range and possibly some LEs. Thinking aloe, avocado, witch hazel...

Thanks for opportunity for input Kerry :)
 

jb7

Bloke
Stronger scents!
I have to agree with this... had Pall Mall and Albion arrive last week and have to admit that I was a bit disappointed... both barely hitting the 3/10 on scent strength. Imperial Rum and Sanskrit were both on point at around the 6-7/10 mark.

All great performers mind, only soaps I've been buying of late.
 
Top