Phoenix and Beau: What would you want in 2018?

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
Hello everyone,

Two questions for you all, please.

1) What scent types would you like to see introduced in to the PB core / seasonal range for 2018?
2) What new product types would you like to see us introduce?

I should say that we have a smaller (approx 2oz) vegetal shaving soap offering that we're working feverishly towards taking to market. We're also on target to release our [core scent] tonics for September.

For 2018 (scents) I'm working on a wonderful fougere profile (possibly as a core soap) and have prototype oceanic and [Japanese inspired] oriental profiles on the lab-bench. I also really want to make a Led Zeppelin inspired soap!

For 2018 (products) we are chewing over the idea of offering our own (very discreetly) branded synthetic brush & shaving bowl / jar, prints of our soaps artwork (for the quintessential shave den) and possible triple milled bath soap aligned to our core scents.

Possibly. Maybe :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts and requests.

A million thanks in advance,

Kerry.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shampoo bars please! :)
Also something like TOBS Mr. Sidney would be epic. Did you receive the badedas for a fougere type profile? All the scents so far have been exemplary so I'm happy to go with the flow.

halvor

a most elusive fish
As I suggested in the B&M thread for @Lann to send you the old Fougeres from Will for inspiration, I obviously am hoping for a Fougere- which you have now confirmed is in the works. So thanks!

Second scent profile would be a floral. Many of your scents are citrus forward. I'd like to see his one not being so (though maybe one needs to add a little in the base to give it an edge, I don't know). You have already got a few soaps with a 'dark' profile; the jury is still out on whether to make this sort of an undertaker's deep, dark florals or something lighter. Patchouli violet leaf and violet, inspired by Francisco Rodrigues for Him, by Francis Kurkdjian? Austere but not without colour. (That could in fact merge the two ideas of mine - a floral Fougere type.)

And I have to say I look forward to your tonics, one of which I hope will come unscented.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I like dark scents like eucris so something in this vein would be appreciated. Baskerville was nice but missed a little something for me.

A dark floral sounds great, I think I've mentioned a rose and wood combination before at some stage.

The Led Zeppelin soap sounds interesting, I'd certainly be up for that.

After sampling your unscented tonic, I'm looking forward to a scented release.

Huzzah I can actually post on this! Kerry, as communicated to you earlier..a shaving stick.. or travel size soap options. Denali regularly available rather than seasonal..:thumbsup:

Lann

Forum GOD!
Hi Kerry, your road map for the way ahead is really exciting. I am glad to have been given the opportunity to give feedback on your vegetal shaving soap, which performed great for me and I am really looking forward to trying out the scented versions once they become available. The tonics are also something I am looking forward to trying later in the year.
Two things that really stick out for me in terms of your plans for 2018 are first, the arrival of a fougere (and as @halvor mentioned in his post if you want a sample of Aromatique and Imperial for research purposes I am happy to send some over to you - just drop me a pm and I will get that sorted).

Second, I am loving the idea of your Led Zep themed soap. I'm a huge Zep fan and was lucky enough to see them play the O2 with Jason on drums, so a Zep themed soap has me number 1 on your waiting list. I am most definately in!!!!

In my opinion, it opens up so many options for you and, I think will be something to really get your teeth into. Do you go for a scent profile that reflects the influence of the Blues in their music - the Mississippi delta "When the levee breaks", the Celtic influence of " Bron y aur", the fantasy and folklore of "Ramble On", the darker "No Quarter" or something more fun like "D' yer mak'er"? Or something that has a little bit of everything?

In terms of suggestions something floral would appeal - I like rose scent - but happy to develop that further if the right soap comes along. Also as mentioned a Eucris type scent would be nice. On a purely selfish level I would also like to see a return of Star Noir :wink:

Paul

morr

Forum GOD!
I agree with everyone and would second a fougere scent but also would like a scent with musky profil (B&M Night Music comes to mind).
I'm very excited about the upcoming V60 soap, which is named perfectly! Your soap naming has been unmatched so far and I'm looking forward a Zepp soap.

I'll go 'against the grain' of this thread so far.

Don't do anything like *insert soap maker and soap here* do your own thing. Definitely go with the Led Zeppelin soap, so many avenues of inspiration there and nobody will know what scent is coming, great back story of the inspiration for the soap and label artwork which are always impressive. It appears to be something you're really passionate about doing and will enjoy.
Some form of 'Private Reserve' limited soap would be good. Something you've created that's sat there with you thinking that's too polarising for general release, every soap/fragrance maker has those stashed away.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hi, Kerry. I'd definitely like to add my interest to something floral, also. Maybe, a rose/sandalwood combination?
I've already mentioned a Lavender scent on another thread, to which you replied there was something in the pipeline. Would I be correct in thinking this scent is lined up for the new vegan and not the tallow, which is my preference in soaps?
Lilac would also be a pleasant Spring/Summer scent. Mystic Water has this scent, but I find it too weak. Lovely floral, though.

Burry

Forum GOD!
Really good to hear how you are planning to keep pushing forward and develop new products/ideas. Love the sound of a fougere and the tonics. Brush / bowl are also winners for me. I'd like to suggest a menthol that is not as freezing as Denali, but more on the cooling side of things, rather than cold. I find I only turn to Denali on the few really hot UK days. Perhaps in the vegan, smaller soaps?

RedSteve

Forum GOD!
Something that I think could be lovely, although it might not necessarily translate well to shaving soaps would be Yankee Candle style autumn/winter/Christmas scents. What I'm imagining would be a seasonal fruits and cinnamon type thing. What you smell when you walk into gift shops at Christmas. While its not a very masculine scent, I think they could really nice and if anyone could make it work P&B could.