New Year Shaving Resolutions

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Why would that happen? The Only reason I ever post U.K only is because European tracking just doesn't work here. If you pay our Mail service for signed and tracked service the tracking stops at the border then it is in the lap of the Gods as to whether or not the item gets to it's destination. As the buyer it's Hey! I'm O.K, if I don't get my item I'll get all my money back from PP. and so you should. As the seller you lose the item and the money too not to mention the bad feeling. Brexit has nothing to do with it, it is the incompetence of overseas Mail companies that stops me posting overseas sometimes it just isn't worth having to sit biting your fingernails until whatever it is turns up... Eventually.
Uncertainty with regards to customs/taxes; Customs declarations forms.

Regarding past sales in the EU. I always thought an insured lost package would be reimbursed by the postal service?
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
It does but it takes around 4 months to get the money back
Another point. Until the end of last year, goods at any price point could be sent to EU countries and full value declared for insurance purposes, without the buyer incurring fees. Now, until 1st July at least, you make a declaration at full value and buyer gets hit. Under declare, which affects insurance value, and if parcel goes astray, any claim will fall short. I presume anything over £135 will be hit with fees from 1st July.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Another point. Until the end of last year, goods at any price point could be sent to EU countries and full value declared for insurance purposes, without the buyer incurring fees. Now, until 1st July at least, you make a declaration at full value and buyer gets hit. Under declare, which affects insurance value, and if parcel goes astray, any claim will fall short. I presume anything over £135 will be hit with fees from 1st July.
Unless postage is purchased online, where the CN22 is auto-populated and the value almost certainly embedded in a bar code, there's nothing to stop you using different values for the CN22 and insurance.
 

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
Resurrecting this to see how many people have broken a shaving / spending resolution so far?

I thought I was done for a while after a very spendy 2020 Q4. So far I have bought two brushes and two soaps in January. :facepalm:

Now I really am done. My birthday is in June, so if I can make it until then without any other purchases my reward will be something nice in brass or copper.
 
Last edited:

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
1. Settle in a more stable shaving soap rotation, i.e. use few (4-5) soaps all year.
Also try out again a number of classic discontinued tallow soaps that I keep large NOS of (P.160, AoS, etc.) and if they're not for me any longer, sell all.

2. Consume few aftershaves which are nearly 'done', this will in turn consolidate my remaining aftershaves products rotation.
CF (balm) and SMN Idralia, Sulwhasoo or LaMer to be my go-to moisturisers.

3. Acquire a couple more Henson DEs, preferably in Ti (one Mild and one Medium).

4. Consolidate my shaving brushes as well my DE/SE razors even further.

5. Sell all remaining gear that I do not use, e.g. the 4-5 wonderful linen/leather straight razor strops I still have (by Neil Miller, Tony Miller, etc.)

6. Acquire a couple of Japanese kitchen knives, plus a diamond flattening stone along w/ other suitable stones for sharpening same.

7. Potentially add to my arsenal a Yates DE.

8. Get back into perfumes, with a few purchases of selected products.

9. Visit Maggard Razors physical store in the U.S. (2022 I'd say).

10. Return to Halvor the box I still owe him...
 

Steve

Boomer Member
1. Settle in a more stable shaving soap rotation, i.e. use few (4-5) soaps all year.
Also try out again a number of classic discontinued tallow soaps that I keep large NOS of (P.160, AoS, etc.) and if they're not for me any longer, sell all.

2. Consume few aftershaves which are nearly 'done', this will in turn consolidate my remaining aftershaves products rotation.
CF (balm) and SMN Idralia, Sulwhasoo or LaMer to be my go-to moisturisers.

3. Acquire a couple more Henson DEs, preferably in Ti (one Mild and one Medium).

4. Consolidate my shaving brushes as well my DE/SE razors even further.

5. Sell all remaining gear that I do not use, e.g. the 4-5 wonderful linen/leather straight razor strops I still have (by Neil Miller, Tony Miller, etc.)

6. Acquire a couple of Japanese kitchen knives, plus a diamond flattening stone along w/ other suitable stones for sharpening same.

7. Potentially add to my arsenal a Yates DE.

8. Get back into perfumes, with a few purchases of selected products.

9. Visit Maggard Razors physical store in the U.S. (2022 I'd say).

10. Return to Halvor the box I still owe him...
This is what logic gets you. :(
 

J-B-M

Forum GOD!
That's the one I need to stick to.
Lockdown (and Brexit) will help me and make it easier not to buy more razors.
Are you sure? Idle hands find the devil's work to do...certainly true in my case as far as ordering things online is concerned!
 

Steve

Boomer Member
Order a PIls in the next few weeks, and then call it good. I've got enough good stuff to last the rest of my days.
 
Top