New Year Shaving Resolutions

Steve

Boomer Member
I've said it before, any/most/all US soaps that I have tried have been so underwhelming that I no longer bother to chase them. We have fantastic soaps in the UK (and EU) and some cheapies that are as good as some Artisan offerings.
Maybe Castle Forbes Creams may get investigated again... 🤷‍♂️
I haven't found any US soaps to match what the EU has to offer. I really love the Italian, Austrian, German, French, Portuguese, Nordic soaps. I hope I didn't leave anyone out.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'm not lying to myself lol. My only resolution will be not to buy soaps that I haven't read feedback from at least 1 person I trust. Too many blind buys that were massive flops.
 

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Brexit has good and bad impacts. From EU soap buyer’s perspective bad thing is that all reasonable buying from UK ends from me but surely UK and I can live with it 🤔
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Relax people, U.S. soaps are as good as any other.
B&M
Noble Otter
Grooming Department
Cold River
CBL
Southern Witchcraft
To say the soaps here are inferior is just wrong. Are they different? Sure, all soaps differ. I have “almost” one hundred soaps from all over. I enjoy them all.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Would be nice if I could only buy as much as I sell.

Damn shame our BST post brexit will probably be littered with „UK only“ sales.
Why would that happen? The Only reason I ever post U.K only is because European tracking just doesn't work here. If you pay our Mail service for signed and tracked service the tracking stops at the border then it is in the lap of the Gods as to whether or not the item gets to it's destination. As the buyer it's Hey! I'm O.K, if I don't get my item I'll get all my money back from PP. and so you should. As the seller you lose the item and the money too not to mention the bad feeling. Brexit has nothing to do with it, it is the incompetence of overseas Mail companies that stops me posting overseas sometimes it just isn't worth having to sit biting your fingernails until whatever it is turns up... Eventually.
 
Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Yep, up until now the vast majority of my shave gear was bought from the U.K. Now post Brexit, even if the dust settles and importing to Ireland means no tariffs/customs as it appears to be the costs of shipping to Ireland from the U.K has gone up to the extent that it’s now as cheap to import from Spain and Italy. It’s even cheaper now to buy and ship from Maggards for a couple of soaps!..Go Brexit!.
 
Top