May 2022 Acquisitions

pimple8

Forum GOD!


Discounted at Maggard.
Irving Park and No 11 scents are among my favorites all time so why not build a stash.
No 40 I really can't tell, it does not smell strong nor do I get a perfume fragrance really but not an unpleasant smell for sure.
Chicago Barbershop is very interesting, along the lines of Stirling barbershop and Hub City Chats with Grandpa but less sweet and better IMHO.

All the soaps are quite hard which, based on experience with Oleo is not the usual case, so guess they are quite an old stock, but that doesn't bother me in any way as the scents are fine.
 

Wintermute

Forum GOD!
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg
image3.jpeg


Blackland Era SB Level 5 has arrived this morning. Not had chance to try it yet but my first impressions are very good. Fit and finish is excellent, better than I'd expected from some pictures online. Comparing it to a slightly more expensive razor I'd say the top cap and base plate are better finished than the EJ 3ONE6 that I owned.
Excited to give it a try tonight.
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
Bennys Of London, shaving cream & The City Collection fragrance sampler box.

IMG_1514.jpg


The shaving cream has the scent of the Soho fragrance. To quote them ‘It’s a light and refreshing scent, with some black pomegranate and uplifting top notes'.
Not lathered it yet but a quick test for slickness on the back of my hand tells me this is a very good cream for the price point.

Marylebone to my nose is a sandalwood based classic ‘barbershop’ style fragrance, don't think it is trying to clone anything. Drys down like Proraso Red.
Mayfair is a straight up Aventus clone & Bank is a Tom Ford Tuscan Leather inspired fragrance.
Bank to me is the best, reminds me of an old leather jacket and an old, oily engine, pretty awesome scent on this one. I have never smelled or owned genuine TF Tuscan Leather btw so being a clone it maybe is not exactly accurate.
Although all the scents are very nice I must say.

All are an EDP concentration despite being called 'aftershaves' on their site.
 
Last edited:

TomG

Forum GOD!
When you are scrabbling around at the back of your soap drawer, and find gold!
I have been nursing my last half-barrette of Valobra Glicerlanolina, and wondering what I was going to use as a pre-shave soap once it was gone, given Valobra have ceased production. Needless to say, the sight below brought a massive smile to my face.
And if you were wondering - Yes, it doubles as a wonderful shave soap.



 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
An old ('70s) chinese Double Arrow 20mm (13/16?) half hollow, to practice stropping, and when the time comes, even honing. From what i managed to find out, it's carbon steel, and does not hold the edge for quite long, but it's also fairly easy to hone. It can happen to have geometry issues (like gold dollars), i haven't got the time yet to check that out thoroughly, probably next weekend, but my inexperienced eyes tell me that everything is in line. And now i have a reason to convince the Missuz to let me buy a Dremel style grinder... :D

barber-razor-double-arrow-stara-britva_slika_O_313202509.jpg


barber-razor-double-arrow-stara-britva_slika_O_321597353.jpg
 
Top