June 2021 Acquisitions

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Is delivery reasonable going direct? Presuming with fees it’s ok to get delivered straight to uk?
Heather recently stopped shipping to the UK, but has just reinstated the option. She offers either DHL or UPS. My three sets were under the £135, so no fees, only DHL's shipping charge. I'm happy to pay for only 2-3 days delivery, under current USPS delays.
She told me she wasn't going to get involved with collecting VAT, so that may be an issue shipping to EU, soon.
 

Dr Watson

James
Ordered this yesterday for a laugh, well it's just landed...

Piccadilly Shaving Co Faux Ivory Synthetic Imitation Badger Shaving Brush: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care

IMG_20210618_155819.jpg


Hmm, where have I seen brushes delivered in carboard tubes like this before?

IMG_20210618_160146-01.jpeg


It's actually a lovely little brush, a bargain for a fiver. Handle is solid turned resin with a high polish finish, logo printing is very good quality and the knot is as good as it gets (IMO) when it comes to synthetics... It's a Muehle STF 2.0, no glue bump whatsoever and the knot dimensions are 21x46mm.

IMG_20210618_160137-01.jpeg


Can only assume they are, or were (Piccadilly Shaving Co. is no more) assembled by Edwin Jagger. As per the Amazon listing I was expecting it to be faux ivory so no idea if the black one I received is a happy accident or if they have incorrect stock information.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Three parcels today.

A very kind gift from Jim @jimthecamera comprising of freshly caught and smoked haddock, and a Stornoway black pudding that I've never, ever smelled or tasted before. A huge thank you, Jim.

And two parcels, shaving related.

Executive Shaving Outlaw standard gap and Grant soap and splash from Frank at Strike Gold Shave.

IMG_20210619_153622.jpg

IMG_20210619_112122-01.jpeg

IMG_20210619_113046-01.jpeg
 
Last edited:

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Three parcels today.

A very kind gift from Jim @jimthecamera comprising of freshly caught and smoked haddock, and a Stornoway black pudding that I've never, ever smelled or tasted before. A huge thank you, Jim.

And two parcels, shaving related.

Executive Shaving Outlaw standard gap and Grant soap and splash from Frank at Strike Gold Shave.

Outlaw is one of my favourite razors David. Fantastic. Many respects as always my friend. J.
 
Top