June 2021 Acquisitions

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thanks, everyone! Far too many @s for me to mention. It means a lot.

She’s our second child and the last 48 hours could hardly be more different to our first. After an awful, scary experience with #1, we opted for a home birth - despite a few raised eyebrows. When contractions kicked off yesterday, #1 was at nursery and we spent a leisurely day in the garden with some lovely cooked meals. #1 was home and in bed for the night before the business end approached and we called for the midwives. She was born at 10.04pm and her middle name, Iris, is for our first flower of that name of the year to open up yesterday - and for its ‘rainbow’ meaning which seems to suit the last year-and-a-bit!
I was born at home by Caesarian section. To this day when I get out of a car I usually use the sun roof.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
This landed after almost 2 months. Great presentation box and heavy glass jar of 212ml but I am hard pressed to find any real use of container when it is empty. The jar is really W-I-D-E and perhaps the biggest I have ever used in a shaving soap.
Ordered it for unique saffron scent (apparently they haven't used any other scent while making this soap). On opening the jar lid I got a whiff of something soapy and hardly discernible saffron scent. If this is actual 'scent' of soap I'd say it is 2 out of 10. I am yet to shave with it but i was expecting a yellow/ochre soap. Mine is kind of peach/off white. Going online I see the soap color fluctuate wildly from bright yellow to medium ochre. The bright yellow picture of from internet for comparison. Not sure if I am looking at something v1 release because the English shaving company tend to have big stocks and they do not replenish early.

IMG_20210603_180312_hdr.jpg

IMG_20210603_180458_hdr.jpg
 

Attachments

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Mmm , another interesting one, will certainly be buying again in the near future. A whole new rabbit hole,fragrance ! 🙂….but an enjoyable one , when you get it right.
They occasionally have sales so join their mailing list for an early heads up. Alternatively there are a few here in Next Clearance, they have the Etui Noir at £77 for 100ml at the moment. The Tabac and the Vetiver are excellent too, all long lasting scents.

 

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
They occasionally have sales so join their mailing list for an early heads up. Alternatively there are a few here in Next Clearance, they have the Etui Noir at £77 for 100ml at the moment. The Tabac and the Vetiver are excellent too, all long lasting scents.

Thanks for that, really appreciate that.👍
 
Top