D
Deleted member 1881
Guest
I can't get volume from it. Not sure why. The lather thins out for the second or third pass.
What do you suggest?
What do you suggest?
Last edited by a moderator:
Bloom the soap or not? A drier or wetter dripping brush?I'd try going back to the puck and load more soap or load more in the first place.
Bob
I'd try going back to the puck and load more soap or load more in the first place.
Bob
Try it the way I did it for the post on the DR Harris soap puck.Bloom the soap or not? A drier or wetter dripping brush?
This is so obvious ... why have I never thought to do it?? A great tip Wayne and it goes to show learning is a constantly ongoing process. I will do it today when using my Duke.Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
I mostly use synthetics, tuxedos, they hold some lather inside the knot, it just seems that I lose the volume in the second pass and I don't have enough product for touch ups.Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
LOL... great tip! Never ever thought of doing this....Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
Thanks. It will open your eyes the amount of lather in the brush, especially if you face latherLOL... great tip! Never ever thought of doing this....
Never has with my lathers @RandySpI mostly use synthetics, tuxedos, they hold some lather inside the knot, it just seems that I lose the volume in the second pass and I don't have enough product for touch ups.
I will try blooming it and load more. I'm sure I loaded for 30-40.
Thanks Wayne.
Let me know how you get on mate.This is so obvious ... why have I never thought to do it?? A great tip Wayne and it goes to show learning is a constantly ongoing process. I will do it today when using my Duke.![]()