Help Randy lather Stirling...

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I can't get volume from it. Not sure why. The lather thins out for the second or third pass.

What do you suggest?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ozwhisker

Forum GOD!
Randy, all you need to know is here. Both bowl lathering and face lathering with Stirling soaps are shown. You don't need a special bowl (but it helps), just load a damp brush for 30-40 seconds and slowly add water to the bowl as you build the lather. At the right consistency it will appear like shiny yoghurt.
 
Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
This is so obvious ... why have I never thought to do it?? A great tip Wayne and it goes to show learning is a constantly ongoing process. I will do it today when using my Duke. :thumbsup:
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
I mostly use synthetics, tuxedos, they hold some lather inside the knot, it just seems that I lose the volume in the second pass and I don't have enough product for touch ups.

I will try blooming it and load more. I'm sure I loaded for 30-40.

Thanks Wayne.
 

Popso

Forum GOD!
Stirling is easy to lather both bloomed and un bloomed. I load for around 20 seconds with a just over damp brush, not wet but far from dry.
I then wet my face and build the lather on the face. For the second pass I use my hand to remove the lather from the knot then transfer it from between thumb and forefinger back to the face. There is loads of lather deep in a shaving brush knot but some knots just will not release it so help it out and you will have no trouble and lots and lots of thick glorious lather. This applies to both Synth and Badgers. If you load enough from the puck you should never have to go back to a puck of decent quality from any manufacturer. Just get that soap out of the knot Randy.
LOL... great tip! Never ever thought of doing this....
 
Top