Fine Accoutrements soap discontinued

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Funny one of the few times a woman has asked me what I was wearing was when I had Tabac EdT on. She definitely was not repelled by it.

Bob
She was in her eighties though. :p:

TBH I like the scent of Tabac I just find it too strong and long-lasting. I know some people want to smell their shaving soap hours later but I'm not one of them. I wish they'd do a light version.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
The official statement mentions that Fine is the same base as Tabac. Does this mean Tabac is in the same predicament or that is made to the same recipe somewhere else?
I wouldn't say they perform the same. Lathering Fine, did build up my forearms. Also find the scent to almost diminish (stored in an air tight container) within a couple of months. Lather goes from light fluffy to dense. Tabac IMO goes from dense to denser, whilst still being more slick. I got the Fine pucks for under a fiver at purchase, so can't complain.
 
Last edited:

Ian.mal

Forum GOD!
Well i'm bloody confused are the soaps made in Germany or the Netherlands because according to the one i've just bought they're
made in the Netherlands
20201124_112650.jpg
 

vates

Legendary Member
It's just a deliberate logo, not a legally-binding statement. There's no definite place of manufacture on the packaging.

Plus, it's just grammatically wrong: there should always be a definite article.
 
Last edited:

Randy

Forum GOD!
She was in her eighties though. :p:

TBH I like the scent of Tabac I just find it too strong and long-lasting. I know some people want to smell their shaving soap hours later but I'm not one of them. I wish they'd do a light version.
I left this beast in the balcony for 15 days. The scent was as powerful as it was the first day I bought it.

Then, I got rid of it quickly.
 
Top