Fine Accoutrements soap discontinued

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
As far as I know Fine aftershaves are unaffected. Also Fine intend to have a new replacement soap in place sometime year end, according to Mr Fine himself!
Phew! If I lost American Blend then the world would be just that little bit worse than it is already . . .
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
The official statement mentions that Fine is the same base as Tabac. Does this mean Tabac is in the same predicament or that is made to the same recipe somewhere else?
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Bought 4 pucks today.

P.S.: Also, they keep saying the factory was in the Netherlands, whereas the linked article clearly shows the factory was located in Krefeld, Germany.

Indeed it was German if you follow the secondary link and translate. Kappus which I believe was a long established manufacturer went into receivership with no buyer being found for this facility. It also raises the question of exactly what other brands are affected which may not become immediately apparent as it appears they did some big production runs before closure.
 

vates

Legendary Member
The official statement mentions that Fine is the same base as Tabac. Does this mean Tabac is in the same predicament or that is made to the same recipe somewhere else?
The base was not the same but rather an attempt to reverse-engineer the Tabac formula.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I have the Sandal Absolut. Really a Fine soap. Not cheap, but the refills worth it.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
If there’s any more of these left around I might grab some next month after I’ve paid the MOT and service, seems they’re great soaps and I do love that Tabac base.
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
As mentioned by @vates then if this factory was reverse engineering the formula of Tabac then hopefully they will just find another factory to do the same or even they could take advantage of a marketing ploy and make a 'super formula'. Take note Mr. Fine!
It's all good anyway as at least it's not disappearing altogether :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Top