End of my journey

chazt

shave
I'm there.
I have had God knows how many razors through my hands, DE, SE, SR's and others. I'm finally happy with a zamak cart. Who'd have thought that a hybrid cart would become my Nirvana?
I've had most of the big hitters inc Wolfman, they have mostly been nice to own, some more than others of course but I never saw me not owning a DE.
The Leaf/Twig combo has gven me all I ever sought. A perfect, easy BBS shave. No fuss, no drama. Are there more fashionable forum friendly shaves? Of course and there always will be but is it about owning the gear or owning a great shave? I suspect it's 50/50 for many. I love the gear, owning something to shave with that 99.9% of the planet has never heard of is fantastic but having £200 worth of under performing esoterica for vanities sake needs re-evaluating and I have.
I now own two razors, 15 soaps too many, 10 brushes too many, all partly because they are worth more to me than they are worth in pounds.
I'm not leaving the forum, l love you Guys and my shaving banter, besides until Leaf bring out a 2 blade version I'm still not 100% happy. It's apparently in the pipeline though or so a recent email told me direct from Leaf.
If you haven't yet tried the Leaf, why not? Haha, seriously if you are in it for the shaves and not shiney stuff ( and no one has been worse than me) you have to at least give one a whirl. You have probably spent a damn sight more on stuff you had to sell on again at some point so what have you got to lose? It's just anoher razor to some and a Wow to others. You will never know until you give it a go though will you?
Wayne, I have read your post a number times in the last week. First, a tip of the hat. It must have been difficult to make your admission to yourself and then the community. Congratulations on finding shave nirvana! I remain a happy traveller on the road. Second, I can relate to your epiphany on another level. I found guitar nirvana 12 years ago, having found inner guitar peace with three sweet instruments. I sold off close to a dozen top notch guitars and haven’t had a bout with GAS since then.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Wayne, I have read your post a number times in the last week. First, a tip of the hat. It must have been difficult to make your admission to yourself and then the community. Congratulations on finding shave nirvana! I remain a happy traveller on the road. Second, I can relate to your epiphany on another level. I found guitar nirvana 12 years ago, having found inner guitar peace with three sweet instruments. I sold off close to a dozen top notch guitars and haven’t had a bout with GAS since then.
Thanks for that, appreciated. I did try the Guitar myself, never got past the basic chords sadly but because of my addiction to shopping I was looking at £1000 Guitars before I could manage Three Blind Mice! I'm glad I put the Tokai SG back on the stand. :happy:
 

chazt

shave
Thanks for that, appreciated. I did try the Guitar myself, never got past the basic chords sadly but because of my addiction to shopping I was looking at £1000 Guitars before I could manage Three Blind Mice! I'm glad I put the Tokai SG back on the stand. :happy:
I briefly owned one of the early Tokai Telecasters some 40 or more years ago. As I recall it was a pretty good instrument. It didn’t stay very long as it was in my “turn-it-over-for something-else” days. Sometimes I wish I’d have kept every guitar that came through my hands. But then I look at my current trio and say, “nah, I’m doing ok...”
 
Top