End of my journey

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm there.
I have had God knows how many razors through my hands, DE, SE, SR's and others. I'm finally happy with a zamak cart. Who'd have thought that a hybrid cart would become my Nirvana?
I've had most of the big hitters inc Wolfman, they have mostly been nice to own, some more than others of course but I never saw me not owning a DE.
The Leaf/Twig combo has gven me all I ever sought. A perfect, easy BBS shave. No fuss, no drama. Are there more fashionable forum friendly shaves? Of course and there always will be but is it about owning the gear or owning a great shave? I suspect it's 50/50 for many. I love the gear, owning something to shave with that 99.9% of the planet has never heard of is fantastic but having £200 worth of under performing esoterica for vanities sake needs re-evaluating and I have.
I now own two razors, 15 soaps too many, 10 brushes too many, all partly because they are worth more to me than they are worth in pounds.
I'm not leaving the forum, l love you Guys and my shaving banter, besides until Leaf bring out a 2 blade version I'm still not 100% happy. It's apparently in the pipeline though or so a recent email told me direct from Leaf.
If you haven't yet tried the Leaf, why not? Haha, seriously if you are in it for the shaves and not shiney stuff ( and no one has been worse than me) you have to at least give one a whirl. You have probably spent a damn sight more on stuff you had to sell on again at some point so what have you got to lose? It's just anoher razor to some and a Wow to others. You will never know until you give it a go though will you?
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I'm there.
I have had God knows how many razors through my hands, DE, SE, SR's and others. I'm finally happy with a zamak cart. Who'd have thought that a hybrid cart would become my Nirvana?
I've had most of the big hitters inc Wolfman, they have mostly been nice to own, some more than others of course but I never saw me not owning a DE.
The Leaf/Twig combo has gven me all I ever sought. A perfect, easy BBS shave. No fuss, no drama. Are there more fashionable forum friendly shaves? Of course and there always will be but is it about owning the gear or owning a great shave? I suspect it's 50/50 for many. I love the gear, owning something to shave with that 99.9% of the planet has never heard of is fantastic but having £200 worth of under performing esoterica for vanities sake needs re-evaluating and I have.
I now own two razors, 15 soaps too many, 10 brushes too many, all partly because they are worth more to me than they are worth in pounds.
I'm not leaving the forum, l love you Guys and my shaving banter, besides until Leaf bring out a 2 blade version I'm still not 100% happy. It's apparently in the pipeline though or so a recent email told me direct from Leaf.
If you haven't yet tried the Leaf, why not? Haha, seriously if you are in it for the shaves and not shiney stuff ( and no one has been worse than me) you have to at least give one a whirl. You have probably spent a damn sight more on stuff you had to sell on again at some point so what have you got to lose? It's just anoher razor to some and a Wow to others. You will never know until you give it a go though will you?
The Leaf and Twig to me has been a game changer, may well buy the two blade version. Never would have thought I’d use two razors in one shave ! Thing is it’s not just about the razor on here is it ? Scents, brushes, blades, balms, and then it goes off the page into other nice things.
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
I'm there.
I have had God knows how many razors through my hands, DE, SE, SR's and others. I'm finally happy with a zamak cart. Who'd have thought that a hybrid cart would become my Nirvana?
I've had most of the big hitters inc Wolfman, they have mostly been nice to own, some more than others of course but I never saw me not owning a DE.
The Leaf/Twig combo has gven me all I ever sought. A perfect, easy BBS shave. No fuss, no drama. Are there more fashionable forum friendly shaves? Of course and there always will be but is it about owning the gear or owning a great shave? I suspect it's 50/50 for many. I love the gear, owning something to shave with that 99.9% of the planet has never heard of is fantastic but having £200 worth of under performing esoterica for vanities sake needs re-evaluating and I have.
I now own two razors, 15 soaps too many, 10 brushes too many, all partly because they are worth more to me than they are worth in pounds.
I'm not leaving the forum, l love you Guys and my shaving banter, besides until Leaf bring out a 2 blade version I'm still not 100% happy. It's apparently in the pipeline though or so a recent email told me direct from Leaf.
If you haven't yet tried the Leaf, why not? Haha, seriously if you are in it for the shaves and not shiney stuff ( and no one has been worse than me) you have to at least give one a whirl. You have probably spent a damn sight more on stuff you had to sell on again at some point so what have you got to lose? It's just anoher razor to some and a Wow to others. You will never know until you give it a go though will you?
I really respect you for writing this. To find the gold at the end of the rainbow is always a risk, and from what you’ve found your only waiting on a two blade leaf, and you will be set. I’ve always enjoyed the chase of getting the next and best and latest greatest thing. I too wish one day I can join you in paradise. Until then I’m gonna keep falling down the rabbit hole. Many respects my friend. J.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Oh don‘t worry @Wayne, it‘s never over. 2-blade leaf, stainless leaf, Blackland cart.... There is always something new out there.

I admit you‘ve had me browsing the Leaf page more than just once. May just grab a 2-blade one when it’s out since it looks to be what you‘re all waiting for.
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
Nice one Wayne.
That is my aim as well.
Your journey has been about 10x speedier and 10x more expensive than mine.
A more committed effort.

But, every time i find a better thing, I tend to stick with it.
So I tend to use the same thing for months.
I suspect (hope) I will be in a similar position to you at some point.

Although, I will also keep at least one or two injectors in case new blades come out that might be fun to try. Including one that takes twin blades.
I have yet to decide on the GEM type razors and will keep a couple of them, again, in case something fun crops up and shim playing for example.
DE razors, again, I will keep a couple for fun times. Just for future experimentation with different blades for example.

My stuff is all cheap though, so I am unlikely to be targeted for theft :)
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Out of interest, why do you use both razors for one shave? Is it the Leaf is superb but not under the nose, so the twig is used?
Does this mean the twig is not as good as the leaf for a shave, apart from under the nose?
I purchased the leaf razor for my wife, she loves it but I’ve never given it a go.
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
When the leaf was originally released it came with a freebee plastic twig to get to the places the leaf could not reach.
The leaf head is probably similar in size to a Fusion cart. The current Twig is a proper razor in its own right and gives
excellent results with 2 or 3 passes
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'm there.
I have had God knows how many razors through my hands, DE, SE, SR's and others. I'm finally happy with a zamak cart. Who'd have thought that a hybrid cart would become my Nirvana?
I've had most of the big hitters inc Wolfman, they have mostly been nice to own, some more than others of course but I never saw me not owning a DE.
The Leaf/Twig combo has gven me all I ever sought. A perfect, easy BBS shave. No fuss, no drama. Are there more fashionable forum friendly shaves? Of course and there always will be but is it about owning the gear or owning a great shave? I suspect it's 50/50 for many. I love the gear, owning something to shave with that 99.9% of the planet has never heard of is fantastic but having £200 worth of under performing esoterica for vanities sake needs re-evaluating and I have.
I now own two razors, 15 soaps too many, 10 brushes too many, all partly because they are worth more to me than they are worth in pounds.
I'm not leaving the forum, l love you Guys and my shaving banter, besides until Leaf bring out a 2 blade version I'm still not 100% happy. It's apparently in the pipeline though or so a recent email told me direct from Leaf.
If you haven't yet tried the Leaf, why not? Haha, seriously if you are in it for the shaves and not shiney stuff ( and no one has been worse than me) you have to at least give one a whirl. You have probably spent a damn sight more on stuff you had to sell on again at some point so what have you got to lose? It's just anoher razor to some and a Wow to others. You will never know until you give it a go though will you?
WTF! When you said cart I nearly fell off the loo! I was reading so intensely to find the words to tell me what cart you were referring to. And then it all became clear.....dear god man don't get me excited like that thinking i've got another comrade in the cart using fraternity lol. Be clear the leaf is a multi half DE blade razor! :D

And yes I will also be buying the 2blade version of the leaf when it comes out. Hell i'd even pay the silly money if they brought out a titanium 2 blade leaf.
 
Last edited:
Top