Black Friday Deals

Dr Watson

James
UK retailers (except Slickboys) seem to noticeable by their absence unless anybody knows to the contrary?
The English Shaving Co. usually has some reductions, Shave lounge used to have loads of products at 50% off... I think I'm correct in saying neither Shaving Station or Connaught's usually bother with it.

If you're a fan of MWF you can get it from Kent with a 33% discount, works out at £4 something per puck delivered.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Right, I wonder if this is a bit dirty... I’ve been browsing the Shaving Time Black Friday stuff and he seems to have raised the prices of the Stirling soaps to £16.40, presumably to offset some of the discount from the Black Friday code. That’s sneaky isn’t it?

EDIT: They were £15.99 just the other day.
 
Last edited:
The English Shaving Co. usually has some reductions, Shave lounge used to have loads of products at 50% off... I think I'm correct in saying neither Shaving Station or Connaught's usually bother with it.

If you're a fan of MWF you can get it from Kent with a 33% discount, works out at £4 something per puck delivered.
SHAVE LOUNGE come back!!! :cry::cry::cry:
 

DSR

Forum GOD!
Right, I wonder if this is a bit dirty... I’ve been browsing the Shaving Time Black Friday stuff and he seems to have raised the prices of the Stirling soaps to £16.40, presumably to offset some of the discount from the Black Friday code. That’s sneaky isn’t it?

EDIT: They were £15.99 just the other day.
It’s actually cheaper now to buy soap refills (£12.45 for 4.7oz, so £2.64/ oz) compared to the soap jars (£16.40 for 5.8oz, so £2.82/ oz), especially as I imagine most people here will have some empty soap jars around...
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
It’s actually cheaper now to buy soap refills (£12.45 for 4.7oz, so £2.64/ oz) compared to the soap jars (£16.40 for 5.8oz, so £2.82/ oz), especially as I imagine most people here will have some empty soap jars around...
That’s true, and overall even if you get the jars you’ll make a saving with the code but it does feel a bit sneaky to me suddenly raise your prices ahead of a Black Friday sale.
 

DSR

Forum GOD!
That’s true, and overall even if you get the jars you’ll make a saving with the code but it does feel a bit sneaky to me suddenly raise your prices ahead of a Black Friday sale.
No doubt, I certainly wouldn’t disagree with your initial comment.
I had noticed the prices slowly increasing over time, but had missed this last very recent “sneaky” (as you rightly call it..) raise just before BF...

Was this recent increase just for the price of the shave soap jars, or other products as well?
 
Last edited:

karlc

Forum GOD!
No doubt, I certainly wouldn’t disagree with your initial comment.
I had noticed the prices slowly increasing over time, but had missed this last very recent “sneaky” (as you rightly call it..) raise just before BF...

Was this recent increase just for the price of the shave soap jars, or other products as well?
Seems to be just Stirling products. Haven't noticed a change for anything else (although I may be wrong.)

The Stirling black Friday soaps seems reasonable however
 

DSR

Forum GOD!
Seems to be just Stirling products. Haven't noticed a change for anything else (although I may be wrong.)

The Stirling black Friday soaps seems reasonable however
I wonder if Stirling have increased their prices recently, to account for (some of..) the price increases by Shaving Time...

In fact, I had been wondering for a while about the rather large price difference between US and Shaving Time in UK, eg a Stirling shave soap jar is $13.60 (so just over £10) if purchased from US vs £16.40 from Shaving Time.
So if purchased from a site like Maggard Razors in US, for example, even with the added shipping costs, it can still end up slightly cheaper. But it would take 2-3 weeks to arrive, rather than 2-3 days.

Of course, Shaving Time has its own shipping and customs fees, costs of running the business, etc, plus it obviously needs to make some profit.
And it has the advantage of being the only UK retailer for Stirling products.

Anyway... sorry, back to Black Friday deals...!
 
Top