Beware of Swapping!!!!!!!!

Matador

Über Member
Im sorry this happened, shouldn’t be that way but again you never know when dealing with strangers.
I usually do a very good research on the suspect even ask a moderator about it before pulling the trigger.
This supposed to be a Gentlemen’s club but again fraud, advantage and leverage is everywhere.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I think it’s sometimes a good idea to ask for references. If I was asked, I would certainly be able to name a few people I’ve dealt with... too many too many...
But everyone has to start somewhere as a complete noob, so ultimately it comes down to trust, and protect yourself as much as possible.
 

Matador

Über Member
This is the best advise. I do not want to tar all newbiews with the same brush, that is unfair but if they haven't been around long I'm unlikely to deal with them until they have proved themselves.
Exactly and not only that, you’ll know when someone is active and even get an idea of who are they if you research a bit, a post or opinion can tell a lot about a person.
Crystal clear people is easy to know they always take care of their reputation.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

TobyC

Patriot
Exactly and not only that, you’ll know when someone is active and even get an idea of who are they if you research a bit, a post or opinion can tell a lot about a person.
Crystal clear people is easy to know they always take care of their reputation.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, I guess I'm screwed, but I'm not swappin' anything! :giggle:
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Unfortunately that does not prevent the unscrupulous from offering stuff and then not sending it.
I appreciate that but it is a good start point for the buyer to at least have an element of confidence that the 'seller' does at least have the goods or access to them. Yes, many pitfalls after that
This is the best advise. I do not want to tar all newbiews with the same brush, that is unfair but if they haven't been around long I'm unlikely to deal with them until they have proved themselves.
Agreed. Good reason to have a ' good guys ' gallery? Others do it.
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
That's is a shame obviously I was to trusting but that's just me I'll help anyone out if I can but I won't change because of a greedy waste of space !
I'll be more cautious in future and try to cover myself.
But thinking about everyone else on the forum id hate for this to happen to anyone else so moving forward what can we put in place that will make it a lot harder for these thiefs.
Also has @shavegod been removed from the group?
Can we find out if he is on any Facebook groups or other shaving forums ?
@Imunro69 - if you're happy to send me a PM with the name you have, I can check if he is in any groups I admin on FB :) I can also check out on TSR too.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Sorry to resurect this painful thread but I have just been on Paste and Cut the Aussie forum and was simply astonished at what is in a passaround box.
#16 - $160
Fatboy - $60
Slim - $40
Sticky - $40
Karve - $160
Wolfman - $450 :eek:
Mergress - $130
GameChanger - $160
I cannot fathom the amount of trust shown here. They do have some very stringent rules such as, full name ,address, email and telephone number but as seen in this post all these things can be forged easily enough if determined. I haven't followed the thread through to the end so do not know if the box made it back safely but flipping heck!
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
It drives me mad.
It is such a shame that the odd bad apple and all that spoils it for the rest of us.

It shoves the cost of all of our insurances up. (which puts the price of everything up)
It means we have to lock everything down.
You can't leave stuff outside unattended.
We have to spend time protecting our phones and pcs. Working out what is and isn't a scam or a virus etc
It affects us everywhere.
It is so frustrating.
 

jonmaddock

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately that does not prevent the unscrupulous from offering stuff and then not sending it. Admittedly I don't know what the answer is but unfortunately offers of swaps and BST listings requesting payment via F&F are risky and have no comeback if someone takes advantage. Choose wisely whom you deal with.
I've always drilled this rule home, but it still doesn't stop people getting done over by crooked people

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
 

TobyC

Patriot
Sorry to resurect this painful thread but I have just been on Paste and Cut the Aussie forum and was simply astonished at what is in a passaround box.
#16 - $160
Fatboy - $60
Slim - $40
Sticky - $40
Karve - $160
Wolfman - $450 :eek:
Mergress - $130
GameChanger - $160
I cannot fathom the amount of trust shown here. They do have some very stringent rules such as, full name ,address, email and telephone number but as seen in this post all these things can be forged easily enough if determined. I haven't followed the thread through to the end so do not know if the box made it back safely but flipping heck!

I had to go see.

  • You have to provide your full name, shipping address, phone number and email address to the person before you on the list so he can send you the box
  • You have to either pass the box on in person (not leave behind the fence - in person) or send the box via Express Post fully insured for 1200$
.
 
Top