Acquisitions October 2017

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Fogot to ask.....how was the noise? It's my favourite part about those SE's.
Last time I used one, probably incorrectly and without a shim, I got the loud "buttering toast" sound. Tonight, I still got the same noise but it was more subdued. Love it!
I think I need a longer handle though - DAD!!!!
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
Last time I used one, probably incorrectly and without a shim, I got the loud "buttering toast" sound. Tonight, I still got the same noise but it was more subdued. Love it!
I think I need a longer handle though - DAD!!!!
That particular handle is part of the charm for me. You know you can use an M5 grub screw and your DE handles right?
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
My first 1912:

Mint condition and came with 7 NOS Corrux blades.
Nope unfortunately, @pjgh is the guru with that kind of info. I'm glad you enjoyed the shave, I think they are fantastic.
Lovely set @Rowlers! One of my favourites.

It's 1950s, that's for certain. One point of note is how abruptly the handle end is terminated, certainly more so than other 1912s of the era. My thoughts are that this case was originally destined for the 'Sun Ray' as that razor fits so perfectly. See: http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/y...un-ray-and-something-clicked-into-place.5608/

You will notice that yours doesn't quite sit right. The handle should be butt up to the left side. Looks like the head has been pushed down. Hold the handle and give the head a gentle lift. Gently bend it. It's should fit just right.

If you like that, do look out for other colours ... even blue!

 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I spent a few evening's last week watching videos about shoe polishing (and I thought I was sad watching video's of blokes shaving:blush:).

So I bought some Saphir Médaille d'Or Pommadier Cream and Wax....and a horse hair brush. You know I'm a sucker for a new brush.:wink:

20171017_133903.jpg
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I spent a few evening's last week watching videos about shoe polishing (and I thought I was sad watching video's of blokes shaving:blush:).

So I bought some Saphir Médaille d'Or Pommadier Cream and Wax....and a horse hair brush. You know I'm a sucker for a new brush.:wink:

View attachment 19065
I want some of that for my dancing shoes. Could you let me know how it performs and how deep the shine is and colour depth please Rob
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
After receiving Doug’s lovely calendar I decided to get my own made so I went to Vistaprint and used 12 of my own pics from the year and produced my own. Not too bad at £11.99 + p&p I’ll post a pic when it arrives
 

Billyfergie

Forum GOD!


My Charnley Forest Arrived Today..Its Lapped Flat & Smooth..I Done the Marker Pen Test & then Lapped it with 350 Grit to 1000 Grit..Took Me a Handful of Minutes..Its Smooth as Glass..I Am Over the Moon..I Will be Using this Stone with Oil..I Just Know this is Gonna be a Superb High Grit Capacity Finisher..No Bones about it..:D

Billy
 
Top