Forgot all about those razors.... Looking forward to hearing how you get on...A pair of Oristos - Stealth and Cocoa
![]()
![]()
Forgot all about those razors.... Looking forward to hearing how you get on...A pair of Oristos - Stealth and Cocoa
![]()
![]()
yep - it's the coolest looking razor out there IMHO. And it shaves brilliantly too!Love it! I'm starting to like the look of the Blackbird more and more...![]()
Love it! I'm starting to like the look of the Blackbird more and more...![]()
I agree that when it comes to looks, it is definitely a stylish razor & handle, indeed. But I have to say — only a couple of shaves in, but with several years of double edge experience — that I’m having a difficult time dialing this razor in. (Perhaps a topic for another thread.) Will keep working on it though.yep - it's the coolest looking razor out there IMHO. And it shaves brilliantly too!
I found that too. Use the top cap more than the bar (if that makes sense?)... I’m having a difficult time dialing this razor in. (Perhaps a topic for another thread.) Will keep working on it though.
Gratz on both of those!My loan officer wishes to thank @N_Architect and @Darkbulb.
New Blackbird and Spinner (as recommended by the aforementioned individuals)
View attachment 5749
I had read about using that really shallow angle, and will try to utilize it better than I have so far. Lately some Blackbird users (designer Shane included) have also had good results with a steep angle, but that hasn’t been the case for me so far.I found that too. Use the top cap more than the bar (if that makes sense?)
Yes - the Bow Tie spinner you recommended and sale price. Like the spinner - 60 seconds. The 5 minute spinners must be in another league for materials, engineering, and manufacturing precision.Gratz on both of those!
Is that the Bow Tie spinner? Even "Fabian who has every spinner ever made" was impressed by it - video
Yes - as I've become more used to the razor I've started using a more conventional angle, but initially it clicked while using more of the top-cap.I had read about using that really shallow angle, and will try to utilize it better than I have so far. Lately some Blackbird users (designer Shane included) have also had good results with a steep angle, but that hasn’t been the case for me so far.
Thanks for the tip! (Will also have to try some different blades to see how much they make a difference.)
Is the Kasbah generally available or only for a specific forum?
Kasbah is a Limited Edition soap for the Facebook group "Spanish Shavers". Manuel made 100 units, but not all were bought by the group. Not sure if he has any left over, but the remainder have been available to buy from him, outside of the group. Just send Manuel an email and ask.Is the Kasbah generally available or only for a specific forum?