Which Boar brush

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Omegas are pretty quick compared to Semogues.

Semogues for me take forever (crap to good), omegas are almost instant (good to amazing).

Wayne

Forum Sod
It takes a while. Maybe a few weeks. They're firm but yet the tips are a lot softer once broken in. Patience is needed (in Yoda voice).
Patience.....I don't posses in any quantity. It'll end up in the bin if it is still like a bog brush after a few uses :happy:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Don't forget to soak it. You can get away with sloshing a badger, but a boar wants a minute or two to absorb water and soften the bristles.

R181

Grumpy old man
Patience.....I don't posses in any quantity. It'll end up in the bin if it is still like a bog brush after a few uses :happy:
The Proraso boar brushes is made by Omega as far as I can see. I really like my well broke in Omega boar brushes. Like others have said. it takes time and patience for a boar brush to break in, the tip to split/flag and become soft. About 2 weeks of everyday use sounds about right to me. I used a boar brush exclusively for 40 or so years before discovering badger brushes a few years ago when joining various shaving forums. I could still happily use a well broke in Omega boar brush exclusively even after using badger brushes.

Bob

S

Steve Bowles

When I saw this thread I knew I'd be onto Amazon. I've been thinking about a boar brush, and I'm taking the plunge.

S

Steve Bowles

I just got a Proraso and an Omega. It's all your fault, Wayne.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Omega 1009. Semogue boars ended up being passed on, Proraso brush ended up being passed on. Only the Omega was a joy to use as well as a joy to break in, which happened quite quickly.

wazza

a dog got personality
Haha fair enough, you'll be plesently rewarded though.
Don't forget to soak it. You can get away with sloshing a badger, but a boar wants a minute or two to absorb water and soften the bristles.
i only give mine about 30 seconds, same with my badgers too. Thats why I like this wet shaving malarky, there is no set way to do it.

flip-68

Forum GOD!
omega 48 is an excellent brush - handles are pretty crap but the knot more than makes up for it. i love mine

S

Steve Bowles

Can't have nowt to myself @Steve

:eek:......Unbelievable.. Good job I wasn't on the Titanic I'd have got the blame for that too :happy:
Sorry, but good ideas are not protected intellectual property. And yes, if you were on the Titanic you'd have rightly gotten the blame. :thankyou:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Omega's knots are best, Semogue's handles are nicer, mostly any way.
The Zenith Boar looks very nice too...