When it’s time to reign it in.

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I'm there now but randomly the software that I love is what I started out with. It's mad to think with all that's going on with these super gooey shiny lathers, my preference is with more mass produced stuff as it's just better for me in everyway. Just today, I reminded myself to how good Tabac actually is.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’ve been down to essentially one brush and aftershave product for a good while. Admittedly, I have been using the same Tech all month but I’m unlikely to turn monogamous - although I am close to cutting down to five vintage DEs and SEs. I’m nowhere close to narrowing my soap stash down to five brands, let alone zeroing in on a single soap.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I bought my brother a Tech as part of a starter shave kit I have made him and will be giving him in a week or so, when he is down.
In the meantime, I have been using it.
Got to agree with you @Nishy, what a stunning little razor. A smaller “sweet spot” but once you have the angle sorted, gives a fantastic shave.
Enjoyed it so much, I have just “won” my own one on eBay for £19 including postageView attachment 36303
Very nice kit I wish you many happy shaves with it :)
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
I'm there now but randomly the software that I love is what I started out with. It's mad to think with all that's going on with these super gooey shiny lathers, my preference is with more mass produced stuff as it's just better for me in everyway. Just today, I reminded myself to how good Tabac actually is.
+1 for Tabac!
 

efsk

Forum GOD!
We should put ourselves to the sword and use one razor, one brush and one soap for the entire year as a forum, see how many stick to this by the end of the year. Also I'll probably up my life insurance incase of being on the vendors most wanted list :)

When I consider one of each this would be going back to traditional shaving, so we're talking boar, Palmolive and Tech. I know I would 'suffer' and drop out before the end, I didn't even manage no buy 2018.
My liking this post should in now way be construed as support for this horrible idea.
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
When I started DE wet shaving, I calculated that I spent $90/yr. shaving 1 pass with a cartridge razor and goo. On that set up, I used the cartridge blades (Fusion and mach3) way past their due dates and my shave suffered as a result.

My ultimate goal was always to have a quality DE shaving experience, for the same cash outlay as carts and goo. It took a few years but I am finally at that stage.
 
Top