When it’s time to reign it in.

Wayne

Forum Sod
We all get there, that point when you are no longer a noob and you know what you are doing at last, you then hit that point where it’s time to re- evaluate where you and your purchases are and you know you have far too much stuff. You then know it’s time to reign in your purchases, sit back a little and smell the roses so to speak. In other words use what you have and enjoy using it.
Have you got there? What are your plans for the future? Interested to know your thoughts guys.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I think i'm now there with razors, I finally got there with my floating head injector. Scents, soaps will always call to me not just for performance but the scent. And then there's my weakness for a synthetic brush lol
 

wintoid

Out of control
Personally, I can no longer kid myself that there's any logic to this. I have more than one set of brush/soap/razor that I could proclaim to be "perfect", and yet I'm still experimenting. Yesterday, I cut myself with a new razor I was testing. Completely pointless! I already have razors that never cut me, and are as close as I could ever desire.

I don't intend to stop buying/selling razors. It's a part of the hobby for me. This no longer has anything to do with functionality.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I’ve been there, sold virtually all my software but not all and have embarked on a journey of making my own, for no other reason than I can, anyone can.
@Sid you are massively into your Niche’ fragrances I believe and they are more expensive than SS razors and great Badger brushes. You must have spent a pretty penny over the years?
 
@Sid you are massively into your Niche’ fragrances I believe and they are more expensive than SS razors and great Badger brushes. You must have spent a pretty penny over the years?
More than I’d like to sit down add up and face the reality of for sure.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I'm here for the banter and to possibly help others. As the hobby is dictated by YMMV I currently believe I have the best setup for me. Nothing has improved it for over 2 years. But I do want one more brush which is on the horizon.
 

celestino

Forum GOD!
I reached that point with soaps and brushes, a few years ago, and I had thought I had reached it with DE razors, but I just acquired a Charcoal Goods Level 3 SB and find it to be a smashing shaver and I may try to get a back-up.
I doubt I'll get anything else in the future shave-related, except some more refills for my main soap if I run out of the scents that I like.
The only other thing I may acquire are some props for my SOTD photos. :)
 

MPH

Forum GOD!
I've hit a happy point with razors, brushes and soaps and it would take something really special for me to buy.

I enjoy looking out for that special thing to tempt me though!!! :)
 

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
I'm very early on, only have 2 razors, 5 creams, 1 soap, 2 brushes, 300 blades a few other small value non-necessities. Enjoying trying out different blades right now, don't feel any urgency to change anything else.

Struggling to see how I can have a "better" shave than this, but have to say I enjoy looking at other razors in particular. The rest seems pretty much marginal - like how much better can a £200 brush be over a £20 brush? Really? Tell me!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'm very early on, only have 2 razors, 5 creams, 1 soap, 2 brushes, 300 blades a few other small value non-necessities. Enjoying trying out different blades right now, don't feel any urgency to change anything else.

Struggling to see how I can have a "better" shave than this, but have to say I enjoy looking at other razors in particular. The rest seems pretty much marginal - like how much better can a £200 brush be over a £20 brush? Really? Tell me!
I can’t, you have to try one and make up your own mind as most of us have
 

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I'm pretty happy with the hardware I have in my current rotation. I would however like to try a couple of different soaps but need to first finish a number that I currently have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top