What's the dinner tonight?

R181

Grumpy old man
On another forum a member there post making a cabbage soup and added sausages to it. This is the link to the recipe he modified for his soap https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/vegan-detox-cabbage-tomato-soup/ .

It looked so good we had a go at making it today. We did not have all the veggies so just used what we had. That was carrots, onions and red cabbage. Also added some cinnamon and demerara brown sugar. Used smokies with cheese too. Just had a sample of it and
. The boss suggested adding sour cream at the table and that made it even better. Looking forward to dinner tonight.

Bob

Cabbage-soup.jpg

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Having Sunday Lunch : Roast Chicken & Trimmings.
Pushed the boat out and got this plump award winning Herb Fed Chicken. Only downside so far is Delivery Cost, but works out cheaper than having second rate Sunday Pub Roast.
Was beautifully packed in cool box, picked up Thur and here 0830 next morning.

IMG_0054.jpg

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Mon 16th November

Roast Pheasant, Potato/Sweet Potato Mash, Carrots, Green Beans,Brussels,Peas and Madeira Gravy.
Well we cannot eat out😀

Reactions: p.b

R181

Grumpy old man
Beef stew with potatoes, carrots, turnips, onions and toast on the side. Basic and rib sticking good.

Bob

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I turned vegetarian at the start of the year - couldn't stomach what livestock breeding was doing to the planet in contributing to climate change. By now I actually don't think I could eat meat like I used to.

I'm pretty clueless about vegetarian food (still eat eggs and fish, though). So I'm probably missing out on all kinds of tasty recipes. I'm still at the prawn curry, fish sticks, fish pie, vegetarian pizza stage. Pretty boring stuff. I could really do with some inspiration.

p.b

Forum GOD!
I turned vegetarian at the start of the year - couldn't stomach what livestock breeding was doing to the planet in contributing to climate change. By now I actually don't think I could eat meat like I used to.

I'm pretty clueless about vegetarian food (still eat eggs and fish, though). So I'm probably missing out on all kinds of tasty recipes. I'm still at the prawn curry, fish sticks, fish pie, vegetarian pizza stage. Pretty boring stuff. I could really do with some inspiration.
Just look at the bbc good food website. I went veggie for 1 month to see what it’s like and found this site very helpful.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Sorry Chaps a bit late in the day for me to go Veggie/ Vegan , though have enjoyed Veggie in Jordan/Turkey.
Went out yesterday for Venison Haunch for Xmas /New Year.
Just popped some diced shoulder in for a warming Casserole tonight.

Last edited: