What's the dinner tonight?

pjgh

Forum GOD!
We're really enjoying simple meals based around some protein, some salady stuff and pitta breads. Tonight, it'll be some griddled chicken. I've got a lovely HUGE tomato from the garden, there's the dog end of a feta cheese slab needs eating and some olives. I'll probably find some leaves and maybe squish up an avocado.

Nothing tremendously interesting, just good, nice food.

Enjoy yours, fellows :D

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Got these yesterday for Later in the week, and a Pack for son we are visiting.

2 Packs of Smoked Rainbow Trout excellent with new Potatoes and Asparagus [ I know Air Miles ! ]

IMG_0896.jpg

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
The wife brought home an air fryer the other day so I gave it a first run. My dinner of choice was “fried chicken”. I dredged the chicken in a mixture of flour, some seasoning, salt and Old Bay, then in egg, and back in the flour mixture. Threw it in the fryer at 390F for 35 min. I was surprised how good it came out. The outside was crispy and the meat inside was moist. I probably could have cooked it for about 5 or 10 min less. I roasted up some mini peppers on the grill to go with it. Not bad for it’s maiden voyage.

Vacumatic

Dogged
Got these yesterday for Later in the week, and a Pack for son we are visiting.

2 Packs of Smoked Rainbow Trout excellent with new Potatoes and Asparagus [ I know Air Miles ! ]

View attachment 73203

I hadn't heard of this but it sounds very similar to a Scottish food called Arbroath Smokies, which is haddock cured in oak smoke, very popular in Scotland especially with a poached egg or two over the fish

uV0aH1B_48269eb1-8a6c-4dea-884b-8e25f6b9900c_1024x.jpeg

Here is a recipe if you would like to give it a try

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
The wife brought home an air fryer the other day so I gave it a first run. My dinner of choice was “fried chicken”. I dredged the chicken in a mixture of flour, some seasoning, salt and Old Bay, then in egg, and back in the flour mixture. Threw it in the fryer at 390F for 35 min. I was surprised how good it came out. The outside was crispy and the meat inside was moist. I probably could have cooked it for about 5 or 10 min less. I roasted up some mini peppers on the grill to go with it. Not bad for it’s maiden voyage.
Yes, air fryers a great and you don't get that greasy feeling from items done in them.

Bob

Xring3

Guru
F55C267E-15EE-4CB0-AD3C-2EE9FC7BA767.jpeg
This was last nights supper. 12oz sirloin steak, baked potato, dinner roll, salad and lemonade. This is from a small town restaurant in Northwest Oklahoma. It is one of my go to places about 40 miles from home so it counts as an outing for the wife and me. The really nice part is this dinner is only $14.00! Most places locally are almost double the price.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Not for dinner, but. Purchased a new recipe book all cakes lol made in a tray. So decided today to have a go and made this Coffee cake. It’s sponge on the bottom, layer of sugar and coffee then a sort of crumble on top. Flipping lovely !

A1B248EE-3991-42AC-AD8F-7F99E0DCDEC1.jpeg

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Baked potatoes with Pro-Aktiv Buttery and a little salt. Nothing more. Very nice straight out of the oven.

Had some salmon fishcakes on the side, but they didn't taste as good as the baked potatoes. I'm not fond of salmon unless it's smoked or baked really well from fresh.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Friends for dinner so it’s special: Standing beef rib roast cooked on the barbie accompanied by mixed mushrooms, roast new potatoes and steamed broccoli. The starter is a green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and for afters a slice of homemade chocolate cake followed by Port or Calvados. Don’t know what wine(s) will accompany as SWMBO is the in-house sommelier.:hungry:

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Yet again ........Baked potatoes with Pro-Aktiv Buttery and a little salt. Nothing more. Very nice crispy skinned and straight out of the oven.

I'm getting a bit addicted. Just love the crunchy skin. I cook them at 200° fan assisted. Haven't eaten any meat for a while now and feel good about that. Fish and eggs are quite enough and very tasty too. Shame fish is getting expensive, especially the nice ones like halibut and monkfish. Even smoked haddock, which I love, isn't cheap.

I'm not going back to cheap chicken again and don't miss it at all, same with red meat and pork products, especially cured ones which I stopped a long time ago.