What made your day a crap one?

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Discovering that the twine holding back a bush that lives against a wall, was broken and the hedge, which is almost 6ft high and about 10ft long, was flopped down almost flat. Probably happened when the heating oil was delivered while we were away,

Fixed after drilling and plugging two holes into which I screwed to L shaped hooks and then tied plastic ‘string’ to the fence, then round the hooks pulling tight and tying up.

Not a fun job but with Mrs P’s assistance it was done.

steve
 

chazt

shave
Discovering that the twine holding back a bush that lives against a wall, was broken and the hedge, which is almost 6ft high and about 10ft long, was flopped down almost flat. Probably happened when the heating oil was delivered while we were away,

Fixed after drilling and plugging two holes into which I screwed to L shaped hooks and then tied plastic ‘string’ to the fence, then round the hooks pulling tight and tying up.

Not a fun job but with Mrs P’s assistance it was done.

steve
Sounds like an afternoon well spent, Steve :)
 

TobyC

Patriot
Discovering that the twine holding back a bush that lives against a wall, was broken and the hedge, which is almost 6ft high and about 10ft long, was flopped down almost flat. Probably happened when the heating oil was delivered while we were away,

Fixed after drilling and plugging two holes into which I screwed to L shaped hooks and then tied plastic ‘string’ to the fence, then round the hooks pulling tight and tying up.

Not a fun job but with Mrs P’s assistance it was done.

steve
It was trying to escape from it's bondage and be free!
 

Smiffy

Forum GOD!
Six years ago I had a new bathroom fitted, I worried about the quality of the bath and sink taps even then, well, they haven't lasted. A bath tap was dripping, took the top off to get to the valve and it was full of cream mud and bits of metal, cleaned it up but the nut holding the valve in place was seized solid.

People tell me that there are no quality taps with brass workings any more, which is a crying shame. I don't mind having to find the money for new taps I just get cheesed off when the product doesn't last.

Contractors coming on thursday to have a look and give me some ideas.
 
Top