What made your day a crap one?

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
Six years ago I had a new bathroom fitted, I worried about the quality of the bath and sink taps even then, well, they haven't lasted. A bath tap was dripping, took the top off to get to the valve and it was full of cream mud and bits of metal, cleaned it up but the nut holding the valve in place was seized solid.

People tell me that there are no quality taps with brass workings any more, which is a crying shame. I don't mind having to find the money for new taps I just get cheesed off when the product doesn't last.

Contractors coming on thursday to have a look and give me some ideas.

Search out eBay you can find NOS vintage taps for sale. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14757490...nterest_ms&loc_physical_ms=1007443&adtype=pla
 

Smiffy

Forum GOD!
Transmission mount probably failed and I have vibration on the idle. Even the lights today lost power instantly from the strong vibration, like earthquake.

The car runs smooth though when accelerating and when it's cold there isn't any vibration.
I know someone who bought a 4 cylinder diesel Mahindra Jeep a few years ago, no other reason than it was a cheap Jeep.

images.jpg


He gave myself and two others a lift but the vibration at tickover was so bad that we all got out and waited at traffic lights. He said 'the good thing is that it will last for years', in unison, we said, 'why the hell is that a good thing?'
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
TV NO........Phone YES.
My cochlear hearing aid can connect both, but, you may need a TV connector for hearing aids. See link for information, and speak to your audiologist first.


This is what I have for my TV
 
Last edited:

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
My cochlear hearing aid can connect both, but, you may need a TV connector for hearing aids. See link for information, and speak to your audiologist first.


This is what I have for my TV
The funny thing is the VA Audiologist said to me your a long time user of Hearing Aids, I said yes since 2009. She replied I am surprise you still using as much per day as you do. Apparently many people stop, or use and hour or two after 3-5 years.
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
The funny thing is the VA Audiologist said to me your a long time user of Hearing Aids, I said yes since 2009. She replied I am surprise you still using as much per day as you do. Apparently many people stop, or use and hour or two after 3-5 years.
VA audiologists are not ALWAYS up to date in hearing technology, you really need to see a REAL audiologists OUTSIDE of the VA, they also support VA outside of the VA medical department.
 

DesertIguana

Forum GOD!
VA audiologists are not ALWAYS up to date in hearing technology, you really need to see a REAL audiologists OUTSIDE of the VA, they also support VA outside of the VA medical department.

Have you ever been to a USA Vets Hospital, or Audiologist? Or do you believe all the bad stuff about VA?

My Audiologist has been same Lady over 10 years, she is up to date, knowledgable, and honest. She is not a Car Dealer Audiologist working on Commission.

JMHO
 

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
Have you ever been to a USA Vets Hospital
I've been to an Australian Vets Hospital with my father who served in Vietnam, and he's also became deaf get old. Inside DVA or VA in Australia doesn't proivde more hearing audiologists and hearing technology inside of the system. Outside of the vets hospital (DVA or VA) system that's provide MORE audiologists and hearing technology, and the goverenment paids for ALL DVA or VA veterens in Australia.
 
Last edited:
Top