What are your shaving wants in 2020

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
I'd like to get hold of another DG Milksteak soap. Sadly the first one I bought reacted to my skin.
There's a couple of soaps (Southern Witchcraft being one) I might buy but frankly I'm left disappointed by most of them.
I know I'll be buying more unscented ones next year.

My main goal is giving Straight Razor shaving another go. I've been thinking about this for sometime now. I know @Wayne brought up the topic up a little while back too.
I've been speaking (hassling more like) @Dr Watson of late about it too.
Finding a nice SR is a minefield.
 

Will-J

Forum GOD!
Finishing off a few nearly gone creams and soaps, after that I will allow myself to buy some more bits...

In terms of software I have got a few of trips to the US in the diary for next year so I'm thinking of picking up some PAA and SW soaps & splashes whilst out there, closer to home there is the new P&B soap base on the horizon which is also of interest.

In terms of hardware my recently discovered preference for AC-SE razors and the acquisition of the Blackland Vector means I shall probably not be buying any more razors anytime soon, and I have a small selection of decent synth brushes that I'm also very happy with.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I'd like to get hold of another DG Milksteak soap. Sadly the first one I bought reacted to my skin.
There's a couple of soaps (Southern Witchcraft being one) I might buy but frankly I'm left disappointed by most of them.
I know I'll be buying more unscented ones next year.

My main goal is giving Straight Razor shaving another go. I've been thinking about this for sometime now. I know @Wayne brought up the topic up a little while back too.
I've been speaking (hassling more like) @Dr Watson of late about it too.
Finding a nice SR is a minefield.
Lots of good affordable one's on the Bay Rob, just take your time and find a nice Solingen round point to ease back in. You are going to have to get it honed anyway just find one with a good edge and is still in good nick with little pitting and you will be fine.
 

Dr Watson

James
Lots of good affordable one's on the Bay Rob, just take your time and find a nice Solingen round point to ease back in. You are going to have to get it honed anyway just find one with a good edge and is still in good nick with little pitting and you will be fine.
Wayne, you have no idea what a fussy bugger Rob is PMSL :p:

My main goal is giving Straight Razor shaving another go. I've been thinking about this for sometime now. I know @Wayne brought up the topic up a little while back too.
I've been speaking (hassling more like) @Dr Watson of late about it too.
Finding a nice SR is a minefield.
Not a hassle Rob, never think that mate, it's a pleasure to help :okay:
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Lots of good affordable one's on the Bay Rob, just take your time and find a nice Solingen round point to ease back in. You are going to have to get it honed anyway just find one with a good edge and is still in good nick with little pitting and you will be fine.
Thanks Wayne. As mentioned I've been discussing SR choices with @Dr Watson over the last few weeks.
I'Il get Christmas out the way first then the serious search is on.
 

TobyC

Patriot
As the title. Is there anything you have on your Radar to purchase in 2020? I would like to buy the Homelike Start razor but that is probably going to be my only hardware purchase, I would like a few more Southern Witchcraft soaps to add to my small stash. I'm also going to experiment with making my own soap base for personal use. Over to you Guys.
I think I'm done. Happy with what I have and won't run out of anything for years. I always keep an eye out for an interesting vintage brush.
 
Top