Thayers Witchhazel?

S

Steve Bowles

Stop asking about it and order it from Amazon. The original contains Aloe Vera, and a bottle will last you for a couple of years. One of the best value-for-money products this "hobby" offers. :) BTW, some Yorkshire gits can't stand spending an extra shilling on the good stuff, do yourself a favour -- don't listen to @Wayne, go for the Thayers'

Wayne

Forum Sod
Stop asking about it and order it from Amazon. The original contains Aloe Vera, and a bottle will last you for a couple of years. One of the best value-for-money products this "hobby" offers. :) BTW, some Yorkshire gits can't stand spending an extra shilling on the good stuff, do yourself a favour -- don't listen to @Wayne, go for the Thayers'
why spend more on the same stuff? A fool and his money and all that!

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Have to say, I am with the Yorkshireman on this one. Thayers, Humphreys et al are all SO over priced for what they are. If you need the Witch Hazel then the shave is not right any way but if you do then Boots own is cheap and effective. Ok, I admit it smells like shi te but only for a minute or so.

S

Steve Bowles

why spend more on the same stuff? A fool and his money and all that!
This from the man who won't own any razor that isn't SS and doesn't cost less than £200! :smug: (I nearly fell into your trap with the Pils and Genesis, but I'm blaming it on Nishy).

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
Got the cucumber Thayers delivered on Saturday Steve.
Waiting on Rose and Lavender coming now! lol!
Also helps that the missus likes it aswell. Just an excuse to buy more really plus she halved in for them.

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
Have to say, I am with the Yorkshireman on this one. Thayers, Humphreys et al are all SO over priced for what they are. If you need the Witch Hazel then the shave is not right any way but if you do then Boots own is cheap and effective. Ok, I admit it smells like shi te but only for a minute or so.
Shaves are always spot on Hectorsgaf. No need for the Thayers but we do like to indulge now and again don't we?

StevieBoy

Forum GOD!
Just get good old witch Hazel from boots. Cheap as Chips and great directly after shaving before using any fragrance.
Cheers Wayne.
Will get the use of the Thayers first then probably go down that route if I feel any benefits in using it.
Plus like you said much cheaper!

Retroman_1979

Inuse thayers cucumber. Very refreshing and soothing

My process is to rinse with cold water, apply witch hazel, apply cream, apply aftershave splash.

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Personally I would not bother with Boots as Thayer is far better. I’ve tried Thayer with alcohol and also the specific Thayers after shave which has a higher alcohol content. I’ve never bothered with the non alcohol version as I find you need alcohol in order for it to act as an astringent. Of the two alcoholic versions I’ve settled on the aftershave. Ignore the naysayers on here who claim that it’s not worth the expense - cost per use is fractions of pence.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Do us southerners have a bit of yorkshire in us or is it that the yorkshire lasses like a bit of southerner in them? Mmm.. Any way , I am with Wayne on this one. Go to boots - significantly less pence.