Straight Of The Day

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Classic Sheffield steel for Graeme up today, Joseph Rodgers ivory choppers. Soap and AS were Harris Arlington lathered with a Rooney Victorian. Good stuff!

View attachment 125091
Now that is just sheer filth! You naughty man.

I will learn this art and will admire forever, razors such as is this and all the other beautiful examples of Sheffield razor making history. Brands such as Wade & Butcher, Joseph Rodgers & Sons, Taylor’s Eye Witness, George Wostenholm IXL, J. Nowill & Son, KROPP, Frederick Reynolds and many more.

I have three: a 5/8” Marsh Bros. Pond Works ‘ROXO’ with black plastic-like scales; a 6/8” J. Nowill & Son with lovely ivorine scales and just recently, a 13/16” KROPP with black plastic-like scales landed, most fortuitously in my lap due to a truly humbling act of generosity by a forum member.

All three require honing and I need to watch videos on shaving and stropping as well as making a strop but I WILL at some point, post a proper SotD entry here.

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
11. 26. 2022

The Razor ..
Dorko #43 Premier Quarter Grind..

The Brush ..
Savile Row #3722 Finest Slivertip. I've found my niche in brush size.. For me, smaller is better.

The Soap ..
Alexander Simpson Ultra Glide Shave Cream in Sandalwood ..

The Finish ..
D.R. Harris Sandalwood AfterShave Splash... for a mystic feeling ..

Three and out...

Last edited:

Estariol

Forum GOD!
11. 26. 2022

The Razor ..
Dorko #43 Premier Quarter Grind..

The Brush ..
Savile Row #3722 Finest Slivertip. I've found my niche in brush size.. For me, smaller is better.

The Soap ..
Alexander Simpson Ultra Glide Shave Cream in Sandalwood ..

The Finish ..
D.R. Harris Sandalwood AfterShave Splash... for a mystic feeling ..

Three and out...
And you're no better than @cairnish ... :laugh: