SOTD: Saturday 18 February - Friday 24 February 2023

Scorpio93

Forum GOD!
Feb. 23, 2023
  • Brush: Zenith 31mm boar r/wetshaving 2022 sub exclusive
  • Razor: Gillette FBT
  • Blade: Voskhod (5)
  • Lather: Declaration Grooming - Gratiot League Square - soap
  • Post Shave: Brut - aftershave
  • Fragrance: Chanel - Pour Monsieur

Well over 30 shave on the brush - still lathers like a champ but doesn't eat lather anymore... and also it's not using up loads of soap either - for tub kills I certainly rather reach for my DG brushes....

Good shave, time to grab a new blade and potentially a different razor for next handful of shaves. 3-5 more shaves left from this soap, so will be done with it just in time for Striling March.
 

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
Thursday AM 2023-02-23
The first newspaper classified ad was published on this date in 1886, Times of London



Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)
 

Kelt0i

Forum GOD!
SOTN (Head & Face)

DS Cosmetics DS D8 Razor Head on a Razorock HD Handle (face)
Henson AL13++ (head)
Wilkinson Sword Blade (2nd use)
PAA Star Wisp brush
MacDuffs Prairie Rum Runner (soap & splash)
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Was interested to revisit and see how the D8 compared to it's bigger brother the S9 which I was so impressed with earlier in the week, unfortunately it doesn't really stand up to it in the same way. Still not a bad shave at all, in no small part due to the MacDuffs I'm sure - the performance of this stuff never ceases to pleasantly surprise me 😍.
PXL_20230223_204954065.jpg
 

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
A6E9D295-C133-45C2-8647-FCC978645D4A.jpeg

SOTD: 23/02/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Stainless Steel
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

Wow, I’m not sure I’ve used a razor that seems to have this much blade exposure before! I was worried that this would lead to issues or an overly aggressive shave however it didn’t, I took care and was rewarded with a lovely close shave. Not that it was perfect, the blade didn’t feel as secure as it could despite being well clamped, there felt like there was a little flex in the blade. I thought this would be an identical shave to the Yaqi Mellon Doc in zinc alloy which I have but it seems the head is very different in design. I look forward to trying it out again but will definitely be taking my time, it’s not as capable at present as its zinc sibling or the PAA Meta.
 

Ron191

Forum GOD!
20230223_202918.jpg

Goodline TTO razor
RiteAid DE blade
Everready sterilized boar brush
Palmolive original formula shaving cream
Dollar General aftershave (Brut clone)

I bought the palmolive because it was my father's brand. Wonderful spring fresh scent to it. It brought back memories of my childhood home and my father shaving in the bathroom. I had it a little thin but I think it will be a good addition to my shaving gear collection.
 
Top