SOTD Saturday 16th February 2019 - Friday 22nd February 2019

Electrif

SE la vie
Monday 18th February
Jayaruh #289 - Wholly Kaw ‘La Fougère Parfaite’ - Ever Ready 1912
- Treet Super CS #7 - Brut A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream

Another soap gift from @Boru62. The scent of which I really like. The lather was really easy with good protection and residual slickness. Well pleased. The Treet blade has had its last outing as was starting to drag on the final pass.

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Monday SOTD

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T
Blade: Super Iridium(D3)
Brush: Muhle V2 Travel Brush
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Cream: Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

Second day using the Rockwell Gunmetal finish Model-T adjustable razor and have to say, that after waiting almost 3 years for this thing to arrive on my doorstep and expecting a letdown, the shock is on me. Still a long way to go with trying different blades but when paired with the Super Iridium, a no touchup 2 pass shave. The finish is perfect gunmetal mirror finish, has a nice weight to it, smooth adjustment range and I like the fact I am not locked into settings like the Fatboy. I set mine at 2.7-2.8 range (max is 6) and at this setting it was like shaving with a Feather AS-D2 but the Model-T shave closer, and like the AS-D2 I could speed shave at this setting without fear of cutting myself. 2 passes, no touchup required and shave was so smooth and close that I didn't feel whiskers on my face again until 7-8 later when time for dinner and I really didn't need to shave again this morning. I was impressed with the Rockwell 6S four years ago and even more impressed with this Model-T. Patience surely paid off this time for me and at the kickstarter intro price of $79 it is a steal. Came with a nice box for storage, similar to the Feather razors, 100 Rockwell blades and a leather DE razor cover.

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Monday SOTD

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T
Blade: Super Iridium(D3)
Brush: Muhle V2 Travel Brush
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Cream: Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

Second day using the Rockwell Gunmetal finish Model-T adjustable razor and have to say, that after waiting almost 3 years for this thing to arrive on my doorstep and expecting a letdown, the shock is on me. Still a long way to go with trying different blades but when paired with the Super Iridium, a no touchup 2 pass shave. The finish is perfect gunmetal mirror finish, has a nice weight to it, smooth adjustment range and I like the fact I am not locked into settings like the Fatboy. I set mine at 2.7-2.8 range (max is 6) and at this setting it was like shaving with a Feather AS-D2 but the Model-T shave closer, and like the AS-D2 I could speed shave at this setting without fear of cutting myself. 2 passes, no touchup required and shave was so smooth and close that I didn't feel whiskers on my face again until 7-8 later when time for dinner and I really didn't need to shave again this morning. I was impressed with the Rockwell 6S four years ago and even more impressed with this Model-T. Patience surely paid off this time for me and at the kickstarter intro price of $79 it is a steal. Came with a nice box for storage, similar to the Feather razors, 100 Rockwell blades and a leather DE razor cover.
I have been waiting for someone to pop up and give a raving report regarding the Rockwell model T. All I have read is negatives.
The minute I tried the Rockwell 6c I was blown away with it and now I want one of these. :)

Thank you Guy for sharing your thoughts.

DeeCee

Dan
SOTD Monday 18.02.2019
20190218_144449.jpg

Pre: Hot shower, CeraVe face wash
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man
Brush: 24mm Wolf Whiskers custom
Razor: Rockwell 6C - 5&3
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post: Warm & Cold water rinse, Thayers Cucumber witch hazel
AS: Myrsol Agua De Limon, Stirling Mountain Man balm
On a late one tonight so an afternoon shave today. Another great shave with the Rockwell, started with plate 5 WTG, then plate 3 ATG and done. Lovely and smooth. I think next time I'll stick with plate 3 for the entire shave and see how that goes. Have a great Monday evening chaps

Boru62

Shaving Boar
Monday 18th February
Jayaruh #289 - Wholly Kaw ‘La Fougère Parfaite’ - Ever Ready 1912
- Treet Super CS #7 - Brut A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream

Another soap gift from @Boru62. The scent of which I really like. The lather was really easy with good protection and residual slickness. Well pleased. The Treet blade has had its last outing as was starting to drag on the final pass.
That was actually a sample from Rob (@Blackmass) and the scent wasn't for me but I noticed you like a splash of Brut.