Soaps that have disappointed

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
No. I received the advertised amount which is 80grams. My issue was that 80grms is a relatively small amount when compared to other offerings.
In that case I'm confused as to the complaint about how full the tin was. I agree with you that it's quite expensive, did you only realise that it was 80g when you received it?

D

Deleted member 1881

Im not Wayne but from his writings I assume that he knew that the soap was 80 gr.
He just didnt expect the tin to be so small and not only it was small but it was half filled with soap , making it difficult to load properly the brush. At least, Wayne expected to be full this tiny tin.

Ps Oh I hate those small travel tins!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne

Forum Sod
In that case I'm confused as to the complaint about how full the tin was. I agree with you that it's quite expensive, did you only realise that it was 80g when you received it?
Its not a complaint mate, when I bought it I enjoyed the scent, tin, performance and after shave face feel. It’s good stuff no problem saying that. I have zero problem with the soap I just think it is expensive for what it is and when @Mr_Smartepants showed the picture of the same size tub WSP it really brought it home just how little actual product is in the tin 2.82 oz if it is accurate which I have no doubt it is. I didn’t realize it was only 80g when I ordered so it is my oversight. So to recap apart from the quantity the product is really good.

D

Deleted member 1881

Its not a complaint mate, when I bought it I enjoyed the scent, tin, performance and after shave face feel. It’s good stuff no problem saying that. I have zero problem with the soap I just think it is expensive for what it is and when @Mr_Smartepants showed the picture of the same size tub WSP it really brought it home just how little actual product is in the tin 2.82 oz if it is accurate which I have no doubt it is. I didn’t realize it was only 80g when I ordered so it is my oversight. So to recap apart from the quantity the product is really good.
Would you buy another one for 13£?

I recently bought a Goodfellas Smile Soap. It is a small plastic puck, only the Semogue 620 can load from there BUT the price is 8 euros and the quantity is 100gr of soap. The container also is full until the lid. And really it is a good soap!

If Oatface wants to keep the same price as now, I'm with him, because the ingredients list is kinda unique from what I see, but:

- at least make it 100gr or
- put the 80gr in a bigger diameter tin or
- Fill the same tin with soap until the edge. (the least preferable solution for me)

I don't write anything else. You guys will hate me! :)

Wayne

Forum Sod
No. Sorry. It's good but there are better value soaps that have all the same attributes. I don't want anyone thinking I have a downer on this soap, I haven't I really like it and if it ever gets up to 4oz for the same price I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

D

Deleted member 1881

No. Sorry. It's good but there are better value soaps that have all the same attributes. I don't want anyone thinking I have a downer on this soap, I haven't I really like it and if it ever gets up to 4oz for the same price I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

This is a response from the inside of my mind..The same goes for Haslinger soaps(60gr),it is like I am deceived, but in Greece at least they cost 4,50 euros. So no complain here.

I edited my post. Read the rest please for science only!

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
I'll answer this one. Probably yes.
The sample I got of Lavender Melt is THE BEST smelling lavender soap I've ever used! I'm really regretting not buying a full tin of it when I ordered.
I do have some issues with the soap base and lather quality (there are improvements to be found), but overall it is a very good soap and the lavender melt smells incredible. If I do order another Oatcake soap, it will definitely be the Lavender Melt.
I still haven't posted my review yet, and I don't want to spoil it.

D

Deleted member 1881

I'll answer this one. Probably yes.
The sample I got of Lavender Melt is THE BEST smelling lavender soap I've ever used! I'm really regretting not buying a full tin of it when I ordered.
I do have some issues with the soap base and lather quality (there are improvements to be found), but overall it is a very good soap and the lavender melt smells incredible. If I do order another Oatcake soap, it will definitely be the Lavender Melt.
I still haven't posted my review yet, and I don't want to spoil it.
What were the problems with the soap base and lather quality?

fancontroller

Forum GOD!
  1. My worst ever soap was Trumpers Eucris hard shaving soap. Fantastic scent but couldn't get it to generate any kind of lather. Used it as bath soap instead and bought their Eucris shaving cream which has the same great scent but lathers properly.
  2. MWF - Only got a decent lather a few times; mainly just a disappointment no matter how hard I tried. This together with smelling like mothballs from granny's kicker drawer gave it a thumbs down. It even dried up and cracked. I tried re-hydrating it and also grating it into another cake but those ideas were dead ducks too.
  3. Just about every "artisan" soap (not the ones you see on these forums) I've bought from a market have been a dead loss.

oscsha

Forum GOD!
Seems a little out of order to start a thread to slate a products quantity then later on in the thread admit it was on oversight by yourself .

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
What were the problems with the soap base and lather quality?
You'll have to wait for the review. :wink: This is the wrong thread for that anyway, at least my comments.

Have you tried Barrister's Reserve lavender?
Yes, the Oatcake smells better. But the B&M performs better.

Seems a little out of order to start a thread to slate a products quantity then later on in the thread admit it was on oversight by yourself .
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I knew the tin was small and only contained 80g when I bought two of them. No oversight by me.

Last edited:

Wayne

Forum Sod
Seems a little out of order to start a thread to slate a products quantity then later on in the thread admit it was on oversight by yourself .[/QUOTE
I bought a tin of soap, I never checked the small print on quantity I don't think I have slated it I have sung it's praises in every department apart from one I don't think that's too bad, but all opinions are valid

oscsha

Forum GOD!
Wow , if that's you not slating a product i'd hate to know how you react when you don't like one .!
What an odd thread to start IMO .

Wayne

Forum Sod
Wow , if that's you not slating a product i'd hate to know how you react when you don't like one .!
Contents good, value disappointing about sums it up and that is how I started.