September Acquisitions

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I’ll be giving the Plate 2 a go in the morning but do fully intent on trying each out. I do love the look of this razor, the “floating” blade intrigues me too.
I started off on 2 with a Feather Pro but found Shave Time lengthy,due to my type of growth, but a good starting point.
I got my Proguards via Rakuten, suprised at how good they are in this Razor.
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Now I'm no longer a devoted scourer of the fleabay, I never thought I'd happen upon another Billy Bargain but it looks like I just snagged a Gillette Fat Boy for well under the market value.

And, thanks to the leather belt thread here I'm out a few quid for a Knights Sadlier bespoke inch and quarter thick brown bridle leather belt. I've asked for plain stitching, not the Christian Fish design so I'll post a pic to that thread once I have it in hand.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Arrived this morning. A nice little extra is that the soaps have a batch number. I ordered within a few minutes once these became available and my batch numbers are SS-0034 (Fougère Gothique) and SS-0044 (Fougère Angelique).

My only objection is that the base of these two could be the Excelsior, the best overall base IMO.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
My only objection is that the base of these two could be the Excelsior, the best overall base IMO.
I would have preferred them in the Excelsior base too because the Reserve base is a bit finicky. Performance-wise though, I still find the Reserve base pretty much the slickest soap base that I've tried, but I prefer the post-shave feel of the Excelsior and A&E soap bases.
Randy, they're one of each. Gothique is Excelsior, Angelique is Reserve.
I'm not a fan of Reserve.
That's actually incorrect. Both Fougère Gothique and Fougère Angelique use the Reserve base.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
I would have preferred them in the Excelsior base too because the Reserve base is a bit finicky. Performance-wise though, I still find the Reserve base pretty much the slickest soap base that I've tried, but I prefer the post-shave feel of the Excelsior and A&E soap bases.


That's actually incorrect. Both Fougère Gothique and Fougère Angelique use the Reserve base.
Oh, really? Just looked at the Maggard Razors site and they've changed it. Gothique was listed as Excelsior at time of ordering.
 
Top