September 2021 Acquisitions

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Looks a gem.

How does it sound and what is the playability like?
Seems fine by me, but I’m a total novice, so it’s all new to me. At the moment I’ve been just practising moving from random note to random note just to get my fingers moving. Also been look8ng at lessons on YouTub. I’m pleased with it. Did make the mistake of getting a one metre lead which I have already replaced with a 3 metre.
 

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Seems fine by me, but I’m a total novice, so it’s all new to me. At the moment I’ve been just practising moving from random note to random note just to get my fingers moving. Also been look8ng at lessons on YouTub. I’m pleased with it. Did make the mistake of getting a one metre lead which I have already replaced with a 3 metre.
Good to hear.

Keep the 1m lead, and I'd recommend getting a cheap tuner pedal to use, you'll need 2 leads then. Seriously though, a tuner pedal is one of the finest inventions out there.

I'd recommend getting a 2nd hand Boss TU-2 or something, sold listings on eBay suggest they often go for around the £20 mark. I've had mine for over 15 years, played gigs, rehearsals and mine is still going strong!

Not the most exciting acquisition, but my god it made a lot of difference to my playing!
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Good to hear.

Keep the 1m lead, and I'd recommend getting a cheap tuner pedal to use, you'll need 2 leads then. Seriously though, a tuner pedal is one of the finest inventions out there.

I'd recommend getting a 2nd hand Boss TU-2 or something, sold listings on eBay suggest they often go for around the £20 mark. I've had mine for over 15 years, played gigs, rehearsals and mine is still going strong!

Not the most exciting acquisition, but my god it made a lot of difference to my playing!
Did get an iOS app but how good it actual is, well…….? Yeah, never get rid of any leads ! Funnily enough I have been just looking at leads for putt8ng it through garage band on the iPad. There are loads of effects pedals and a good ability to record and playback.
 

Railwaychief

Forum GOD!
A disappointing late delivery from The Razor Company.
A couple of Shannon's soaps and splashes, plus Chicago Grooming soap.
The latter is perfect, but one splash leaked, and both soaps crystallised?
Just emailed them with pics.

Excellent haul David - have contacted Ikea to confirm their delivery of your warehouse shelving to store all the soaps and splashes ! 🤭😆
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Excellent haul David - have contacted Ikea to confirm their delivery of your warehouse shelving to store all the soaps and splashes ! 🤭😆
Thanks, Mark, although the Shannon soaps look disgusting. She's confirmed to Jason of TRC that it's a heat during transit issue and doesn't affect their performance, but I've put them in the bin already.
Good customer service from Jason, though. Fast response and a gift voucher to cover the cost of that affected.
 
Top