September 2020 Aquisitions

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
So I come back home from work, and a box from China was waiting for me.......

...and the glue bump is........... eleven plus.

At least I was prepared by the earlier posts of other fellow members.

Hair (bristles) is wonderful, the glue bump is naturally pretty prominent. But these brushes are a pain to unload, and I guess I'll have to make it useable somehow.

Unboxing day verdict: neither satisfied, nor dissatisfied.
That Handle though! It looks keeper to me. Not busy looking, subtle yet stylish.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
...
Which was the price?
Brush cost €15.45 (£14.11) and after adding p&p the total was €21.46 (£19.59) - from seller 'auselling2012' on eBay.

The Muhle 21mm STF black handle was £17 ten days or so ago on Amazon. It's gone back up to £25 now. Should have bought one of these instead.
 
Last edited:

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
To ride the disappointment train, one more coming. This is my first outing of WCS finest 2 band. A bit of soap scrub and washed; left to dry.
Although I bought it last year but happen to take off the wrapper only yesterday. When I took delivery I did unwrapped it for a visual and I was pleased with my purchase. It was pristine White that sparkled against silver aluminium honeycomb. Stashed away, in original packing in cool dark place for 13 months (bought in august 2019) and I got a deep off white, discoloured handle. Never known resins to turn off so easily and this fast. Yes I am disappointed. Stock photo on right and my yellowed handle photo on the left.

wcsbad.jpg
wcs-finest-badger-shaving-brush-honeycomb-white.jpg
 
Last edited:

Sausage

Forum GOD!
To ride the disappointment train, one more coming. This is my first outing of WCS finest 2 band. A bit of soap scrub and washed; left to dry.
Although I bought it last year but happen to take off the wrapper only yesterday. When I took delivery I did unwrapped it for a visual and I was pleased with my purchase. It was pristine White that sparkled against silver aluminium honeycomb. Stashed away, in original packing in cool dark place for about 16 months and I got a deep off white discoloured handle. Never known resins to turn off so easily and this fast. Yes I am disappointed. Stock photo on right and my yellowed handle photo on the left.

View attachment 77246View attachment 77247
It's called patina :)
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
To ride the disappointment train, one more coming. This is my first outing of WCS finest 2 band. A bit of soap scrub and washed; left to dry.
Although I bought it last year but happen to take off the wrapper only yesterday. When I took delivery I did unwrapped it for a visual and I was pleased with my purchase. It was pristine White that sparkled against silver aluminium honeycomb. Stashed away, in original packing in cool dark place for about 16 months and I got a deep off white discoloured handle. Never known resins to turn off so easily and this fast. Yes I am disappointed. Stock photo on right and my yellowed handle photo on the left.

View attachment 77246View attachment 77247
Lovely looking still though, how’s the knot?
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Brush cost €15.45 (£14.11) and after adding p&p the total was €21.46 (£19.59) - from seller 'auselling2012' on eBay.

The Muhle 21mm STF black handle was £17 ten days or so ago on Amazon. It's gone back up to £25 now. Should have bought one of these instead.
I agree Konstantine. The thing is that I don't think the 21mm knot could hold much lather for 3 passes.

But if you had suck a high backbone and given the price, yes. the right choice was the STF.
 
Top