Rolls Razor

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Hi does anyone still use the Rolls Razor ,I’ve itchy fingers to try one but even though I used straights for years these things look scarey,Any advice will be well received even if it’s dont risk it lol
 

R181

Grumpy old man
They seem in fairly good supply over here and generally not too expensive either. I have used mine. One of the things to watch out for is that often the hone is broken because they are very thin. Other than that, if you can shave with a 1912 GEM you can shave with a Rolls Razor. Just google Rolls razor, there is a ton of info out there on them.

Bob
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Bob is absolutely correct, if you can shave with a ER 1912 ect then you should have no problem shaving with a Rolls razor providing the blade is good.
I have a few set's with re-honed blades and they give a nice shave.
Worth hunting for a good one. :) P.
 

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
Bob is absolutely correct, if you can shave with a ER 1912 ect then you should have no problem shaving with a Rolls razor providing the blade is good.
I have a few set's with re-honed blades and they give a nice shave.
Worth hunting for a good one. :) P.
Pm you Paul
 

Gasman

Forum GOD!
I've always thought of picking one of these up just to have. Its a part of the razor history. Hope you get a good shave from it. Let us know how it goes.
 
Top