Hello again PaulI find I can generally get a good feel for a razor after seven days continued use, my blades are few and tend to work with the razors I favor.
Soaps and brushes.....well I always use a good soap especially when evaluating a razor and all my brushes build good lathers from good soaps.
Yes Tony still interested in testing TSS, I never use a blade long enough for it to give me a bad shave, blades are cheap enough for me to change before they become dull therefore ensuring me perfect shaves every time.Hello again Paul
I didn't read this until after I had written to you on the subject of The Shaving Solution (TSS). I note your specific mention of lather, and I appreciate that traditionally this is an important element of the whole shooting match.
However I must mention that TSS does not produce any sort of lather at all. It is simply a cream in appearance and feel.
Please let me know if you think that it would not after all be of interest to you.
If however you are still interested, may I refer to your "seven days continued use" and say that I would hope that you would get an identical shave after 7 days, whether you started with a fresh blade on day one or a blade that you had hammered to death. I would also hope that if you are starting with a used blade you will get an improved shave with TSS., compared with whatever lathering product you had used the day before. The ultimate test I suppose is to start with a new blade and see for how long you can use it before you have to change it.
Rgds
Tony
P.Well I got plenty of soaps most of them are excelent performers and they provide me with great shaves. Just as they are different bases some of them create different lather, some are rich and creamy, some are low profile and it is important aspect for me to test it with different soaps.I find I can generally get a good feel for a razor after seven days continued use, my blades are few and tend to work with the razors I favor.
Soaps and brushes.....well I always use a good soap especially when evaluating a razor and all my brushes build good lathers from good soaps.
I still feel a good soap should work with any razor but YMMV !Well I got plenty of soaps most of them are excelent performers and they provide me with great shaves. Just as they are different bases some of them create different lather, some are rich and creamy, some are low profile and it is important aspect for me to test it with different soaps.
P.