random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
@Paul do you have a physical shop or is it just online?

@Paul is there a lot of demand for wet shaving product these days with the silly prices of cartridge razors?

hope you dont mind me asking as im curious as i dont know anyone personally into wet shaving let alone someone who owns a business within the wet shaving field
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
just a quick one guys, how do I go around tightening my dovo shavette? seems a bit loose when it's open doesn't stay in place
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
just a quick one guys, how do I go around tightening my dovo shavette? seems a bit loose when it's open doesn't stay in place
I understand they come with two inserts, one for a half blade and the other for a DOVO blade. Might make a difference.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
so I was wondering with de blades there's loads of brands out there but why are there like only so many of them that offer pre cut SE blades?
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Could it be supply and demand. I have no idea otherwise.
Yea could be true

Ive seen about 5-10 brands off the top of my head, just wonder why brands like feather, nacets etc don't do ready made SE blades
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Yea could be true

Ive seen about 5-10 brands off the top of my head, just wonder why brands like feather, nacets etc don't do ready made SE blades
I've got some friends who modifiy blades to fit archaic blade holders which only would accomodate propriety blades. These same friends use Schick blades in GEM razors and unspined GEM blades for various holders. It is sort of a hobby within a hobby for them.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
If you got a vintage razor, brand new in packaging would you use it or keep it the way it is in the packaging?
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
It would have to provide utility.
I've been thinking about it a lot but one day these razors belonged to someone else now they're long gone but there razors are still around today, did get me thinking that someone will one day use my shaving gear when I won't be here
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I've been thinking about it a lot but one day these razors belonged to someone else now they're long gone but there razors are still around today, did get me thinking that someone will one day use my shaving gear when I won't be here
True, but tools were made to use. My Schick Krona reminds me of my grandfather. He had one and I used it.

Last month one of the grandchildren lost the key to a lock. I used my grandfather bolt cutter to cut off the lock hasp
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
True, but tools were made to use. My Schick Krona reminds me of my grandfather. He had one and I used it.

Last month one of the grandchildren lost the key to a lock. I used my grandfather bolt cutter to cut off the lock hasp
That's nice youve got fond memories

Unfortunately I didnt have any male role models let alone anyone to teach me how to shave, feel like I missed out but saying that I'm sure they wouldve just used shaving foam and a cart lol 🤣
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
For me, there is just something about use….
Yea I get it too, I am the sort that will use something as I think it's pointless just having it unless like you say it's extremely rare, the razors I had in mind aren't really raew anyway, maybe a bit of a one off due to being brand new in packaging
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
any used those super max cartridge razors in savers?

Seems there's a few available like 2/3 blades etc for like a quid each too
 
Top