qshave razor

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
hey peeps, so im wondering who has a qshave razor? if so, do any of you use it for head shaving?

i got mine delivered today, this is my first adjustable de razor, i have to admit i cant wait to try it and my first thought is that im very impressed,
the packaging and the look of it is nice, i got the qshave razor, the stand and a leather sleeve for £20.77 delivered on amazon
(link below bare in mind additonal delivery charge if you dont have prime)


I still havent actually tried it and i plan on using it soon however i shave my the hair on my head as oppose to most of you who probably use it for facial hair,
so far i really cant knock it but its early days, proof is in the pudding whether i actually like the shave of it when im actually using it,
im interested to see how aggressive these razors are, obviously i will take my time and work up to the most aggressive mode

really like the weight and colour of it, obviously colour is more down to personal preference

anyways i'd like to hear your thoughts about it...

IMG_20201205_101242__01 (770 x 1215).jpg

IMG_20201205_100444 (2304 x 1056).jpg

IMG_20201205_100630__01 (1782 x 920).jpg
 

RazorSharp

Forum GOD!
This razor looks very similar to the Merkur Futur. I use the Futur to shave my head and it is great, having the adjustment works well when trying different razor blades, or as the blade wears. I also use this razor on my face when I go away, so I can adjust the settings to suit.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
This razor looks very similar to the Merkur Futur. I use the Futur to shave my head and it is great, having the adjustment works well when trying different razor blades, or as the blade wears. I also use this razor on my face when I go away, so I can adjust the settings to suit.
Yea it's meant to be a merkur futur clone not sure how it compares to the original though tbh
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
It's a very good razor, especially at the price point.
I believe the patent on the original Futur ran out and that is what spawned the clones.
I have it in my washbag for travel, I think I paid about a fiver for mine with no stand or added extras.
If I remember the futur correctly, the qshave is a lot milder but the range of adjustment is good on mine. I'm comfortable shaving anywhere in the range.
The futur, I couldn't get above 2 comfortably.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I have one of those somewhere I think it came from Aliexpress for about £7. It was OK I just never really warmed to it, but I do prefer three-piece razors and not zamak.
cant go wrong for £7, you got many razors from aliexpress?

any idea if theres a thread already about razors from chinese sites like aliexpress, wish, dhgate etc?
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
It's a very good razor, especially at the price point.
I believe the patent on the original Futur ran out and that is what spawned the clones.
I have it in my washbag for travel, I think I paid about a fiver for mine with no stand or added extras.
If I remember the futur correctly, the qshave is a lot milder but the range of adjustment is good on mine. I'm comfortable shaving anywhere in the range.
The futur, I couldn't get above 2 comfortably.
how do you think these copies compare to the original merkur futur?
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
It's milder, I found. The fit and finish of any Merkur can be hit or miss. My Qshave is probably on par with most Merkurs. Mine's bang on and Merkur are not the most renowned re: quality control.
 

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
If it is anything like a Futur then it will be aggressive even from the lowest setting. Definitely start at 1 whatever blade you put in it, visually checking the blade alignment.
I like the Futur but never need to take it above 1, this is for facial hair not head shave though.
That QShave looks great for £20. Presentation, stand & the blacked out look is sick! I want one :thumbsup:
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
If it is anything like a Futur then it will be aggressive even from the lowest setting. Definitely start at 1 whatever blade you put in it, visually checking the blade alignment.
I like the Futur but never need to take it above 1, this is for facial hair not head shave though.
That QShave looks great for £20. Presentation, stand & the blacked out look is sick! I want one :thumbsup:
yea looks siccccck bruv, i was thinking to myself i could potentially be the one and only razor you'll need (if it shaves well as i havent used it yet),
but anyways i was thinking to myself that you dont even need to just the adjustable feature of it and just use it as a box standard razor on the lowest setting number 1

for the price, the razor, stand and leather cover is a bargain imo

its the first adjustable razor ive got and i can easily justify the price tag with the accessories it comes with too

so have you got the merkur futur or a clone?
 
Top