Photo of the day

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I never thought a bird could be such a great “pet” member of the family. My wife has bad allergies and honestly I don’t like dog owners and that has turned me off to dogs. Cats are cool but that’s what she’s most allergic to. Riley is so fun and interactive with all of us, treating each of us differently. They can make a bit of a mess but all pets do. We don’t know if Riley is a male or female so we use pronouns to cover both. I thought it would appropriate and it makes great practice for the changing societal norms. They don’t behave strongly one way or the other. We may never know.
They are smart animals, ours would also whistle a charge. I grew up with birds, cats and dogs. Grand parents breed various breeds of dogs, grandad also breed birds, Cockatiels, Canaries, Zebra finches and budgies. He use to catchGreenfinches and crossbred with canaries as they make fantastic singers. As for dog owners we can be nice people, there are some idiots who shouldn’t own dogs though. Our cockatiel we are sure deliberately flicked seed through the side of the cage, he was a little wired too and didn’t like being handled, them beaks can be very sharp.

Vacumatic

Testy
And staying on a religious theme, this is a view of the cathedral in York, called the Minster.

The unusual aspects of this pic are no vehicles, not many pedestrians, no aerials,

York station.jpg

The giveaway is the railway carriages, no traffic lights, no street lights, in fact no wires of any sort as electricity had not been harnessed.

The pic was taken in 1860 and to my amateur eye looks so sharp for lens technology of the day.

An earlier pic of mine showed Lendal Bridge which is almost central to this pic, to the right of the tower.

The pic below is the modern version from a similar view.

Bar-walls.jpg

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
And staying on a religious theme, this is a view of the cathedral in York, called the Minster.

The unusual aspects of this pic are no vehicles, not many pedestrians, no aerials,

View attachment 93863

The giveaway is the railway carriages, no traffic lights, no street lights, in fact no wires of any sort as electricity had not been harnessed.

The pic was taken in 1860 and to my amateur eye looks so sharp for lens technology of the day.

An earlier pic of mine showed Lendal Bridge which is almost central to this pic, to the right of the tower.

The pic below is the modern version from a similar view.

View attachment 93864
I recognised the City wall section. That particular bit of the wall holds fond memories for me. After an online courtship in 1999, Mrs Plane and I met for the first time "in real life" in York in the July. (It was a convenient midway point between Fife - her - and Berkshire- me.) We had a quite serious talk on that bit of wall, prior to parting at the railway station.

December 1999 Mrs P moved to Berkshire. September 2000 we married. 2006 we moved to a village 16 miles from York, where we still reside...

steve

Vacumatic

Testy
I recognised the City wall section. That particular bit of the wall holds fond memories for me. After an online courtship in 1999, Mrs Plane and I met for the first time "in real life" in York in the July. (It was a convenient midway point between Fife - her - and Berkshire- me.) We had a quite serious talk on that bit of wall, prior to parting at the railway station.

December 1999 Mrs P moved to Berkshire. September 2000 we married. 2006 we moved to a village 16 miles from York, where we still reside...

steve
That is a nice story PP.

I grew up in York, a special city for me, I still I love to walk around the place and feel the history, Roman buildings, Viking remains and many buildings just as they were from around the 14/15th centuries.