Pasteur Pharmacy New York

DeeCee

Dan
Hi guys,

I am aware that Pasteur have a very good selection of soaps / creams, but do they carry other hardware, mainly razors? I'm heading over in December and just wondered whether it is better to purchase something before I go, or wait and see what they have
Cheers,
Dan
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
They do have razors but I think it is mostly stuff that is commonly available. They also have brushes and aftershaves. If you are looking for anything shaving related I think you'll cover most of the bases at Pasteur's. Go to the one on 34th Street as it seems to have more stuff than their other store.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Thank God I don't live near the Pasteur or the Maggards.

I would be lost for 10 or more hours...
 

R181

Grumpy old man
You lot over the pond don't know you are born....Jealous in the extreme. If I went down to my local pharmacy I'd be lucky to get Palmolive sticks.
You won't find a brick and mortar store, like Pasteur's, in every city over here. They are few and far between. Normally local Pharmacies carry a very limited supply of traditional wet shaving gear over here. Web stores are still your best source for traditional wet shaving supplies here.

Bob
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
You won't find a brick and mortar store, like Pasteur's, in every city over here. They are few and far between. Normally local Pharmacies carry a very limited supply of traditional wet shaving gear over here. Web stores are still your best source for traditional wet shaving supplies here.

Bob
I am lucky in that I actually do have an actual bricks and mortar dedicated shaving store here in my home town of Leeds. It stocks lots of things which would satisfy lots of wet shaves needs.
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I'm three and one half hours' drive from Maggards. I buy virtually everything online except for Williams' Mug Soap and cheap aftershaves like Aqua Velva, Afta, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, etc.that are readily available here. There really aren't many quality traditional wet shaving products in US shops. At least our Canadian friends have regular access to the Proraso line. Not even the green and pleasant Aqua Velva Original Sport, ubiquitous in Canada, is to be found anywhere on this side the border.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Pasteur’s may be just across the river from me but I still buy 99% of my stuff online. The other fraction I buy at CVS and an even smaller fraction I buy at Pasteur’s. I do find Pasteur’s a little expensive compared to stuff online and money is an issue for me right now.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I'm three and one half hours' drive from Maggards. I buy virtually everything online except for Williams' Mug Soap and cheap aftershaves like Aqua Velva, Afta, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, etc.that are readily available here. There really aren't many quality traditional wet shaving products in US shops. At least our Canadian friends have regular access to the Proraso line. Not even the green and pleasant Aqua Velva Original Sport, ubiquitous in Canada, is to be found anywhere on this side the border.
I do not realize you could not get AV Original Sport south of the border. It really is a pleasant scent. I recall reading that someone had said the scent is like Pitralon. Do you get AV Musk?

Bob
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
We stock the basics, brushes (generic), Palmolive, Erasmic and Ingrams. One of our friends who also has a Pharmacy in Finchley stocks a large range of wet shaving products, TOBS (cream, soaps and brushes) Tabac, proraso brushes and soap. Combs from D.R.Harris I believe amongst other things. He does have a very large Pharmacy though. Other option is a short tube ride to Jermyn Street which has the the three T's.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
We stock the basics, brushes (generic), Palmolive, Erasmic and Ingrams. One of our friends who also has a Pharmacy in Finchley stocks a large range of wet shaving products, TOBS (cream, soaps and brushes) Tabac, proraso brushes and soap. Combs from D.R.Harris I believe amongst other things. He does have a very large Pharmacy though. Other option is a short tube ride to Jermyn Street which has the the three T's.
And we must mention again that Egyptian Ingram is far better from the English one.

Cryogenic menthol blast from the past!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I am lucky in that I actually do have an actual bricks and mortar dedicated shaving store here in my home town of Leeds. It stocks lots of things which would satisfy lots of wet shaves needs.
I’ve been there it’s well worth a visit. :okay:
 
Top