You won't find a brick and mortar store, like Pasteur's, in every city over here. They are few and far between. Normally local Pharmacies carry a very limited supply of traditional wet shaving gear over here. Web stores are still your best source for traditional wet shaving supplies here.You lot over the pond don't know you are born....Jealous in the extreme. If I went down to my local pharmacy I'd be lucky to get Palmolive sticks.
I am lucky in that I actually do have an actual bricks and mortar dedicated shaving store here in my home town of Leeds. It stocks lots of things which would satisfy lots of wet shaves needs.You won't find a brick and mortar store, like Pasteur's, in every city over here. They are few and far between. Normally local Pharmacies carry a very limited supply of traditional wet shaving gear over here. Web stores are still your best source for traditional wet shaving supplies here.
Bob
To get to such a store the distance I'd have to travel stun you. The closest look to be about a 2 day drive. You are indeed lucky.I am lucky in that I actually do have an actual bricks and mortar dedicated shaving store here in my home town of Leeds. It stocks lots of things which would satisfy lots of wet shaves needs.
I do not realize you could not get AV Original Sport south of the border. It really is a pleasant scent. I recall reading that someone had said the scent is like Pitralon. Do you get AV Musk?I'm three and one half hours' drive from Maggards. I buy virtually everything online except for Williams' Mug Soap and cheap aftershaves like Aqua Velva, Afta, Skin Bracer, Old Spice, etc.that are readily available here. There really aren't many quality traditional wet shaving products in US shops. At least our Canadian friends have regular access to the Proraso line. Not even the green and pleasant Aqua Velva Original Sport, ubiquitous in Canada, is to be found anywhere on this side the border.
And we must mention again that Egyptian Ingram is far better from the English one.We stock the basics, brushes (generic), Palmolive, Erasmic and Ingrams. One of our friends who also has a Pharmacy in Finchley stocks a large range of wet shaving products, TOBS (cream, soaps and brushes) Tabac, proraso brushes and soap. Combs from D.R.Harris I believe amongst other things. He does have a very large Pharmacy though. Other option is a short tube ride to Jermyn Street which has the the three T's.
I’ve been there it’s well worth a visit.I am lucky in that I actually do have an actual bricks and mortar dedicated shaving store here in my home town of Leeds. It stocks lots of things which would satisfy lots of wet shaves needs.
